SOUTH AFRICA: My First Hunt KAROO WILD Safaris

VGS

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have just completed a hunt with Karoo Wild Safaris and PH Victor Watson. I was booked pre-pandemic and finally the trip and hunt opportunity became reality, two years later. As a first-time hunter in Africa the experience was fantastic. Victor Watson and his tracker, Mitchell always found game in their extensive areas. I was lucky and tagged out on all my four requests - Common Springbok, Black Springbok, trophy Impala and trophy Kudu. It was a pleasure to stay at the lodge and to hunt every day with experienced, patient hunters. I was incredibly pleased to take advantage of the use of the PH's rifle - a beautiful CZ chambered in 7X64. It was a pleasure to shoot, it was accurate and the cartridge more than adequate for plains game. This service eliminated the hassle of travelling with my own firearms. Victor and his staff run a professional safari hunting operation with all the trimmings - comfortable lodge, excellent food, friendly staff in a truly remarkable African setting. You will not be disappointed.
P4260150.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you finally made it.
Congratulations on a successful hunt.

Glad you had a nice hunt! We hunted with Victor a few weeks before you did.

Did you get to eat any of Lindsay's now world famous Lamb Shanks?
Which area of Victor's did you hunt?

Glad you had a nice hunt! We hunted with Victor a few weeks before you did.

Did you get to eat any of Lindsay's now world famous Lamb Shanks?
Which area of Victor's did you hunt?
Yes! Wonderful lamb shanks.....As for the areas - for Springbok it was close to his farming operation, the Kudu and Impala, I regret that I don't remember - simply enjoyed the drive. Interestingly, each area was geographically unique.

Congratulations for a successful safari, thanks for posting

I have just completed a hunt with Karoo Wild Safaris and PH Victor Watson. I was booked pre-pandemic and finally the trip and hunt opportunity became reality, two years later. As a first-time hunter in Africa the experience was fantastic. Victor Watson and his tracker, Mitchell always found game in their extensive areas. I was lucky and tagged out on all my four requests - Common Springbok, Black Springbok, trophy Impala and trophy Kudu. It was a pleasure to stay at the lodge and to hunt every day with experienced, patient hunters. I was incredibly pleased to take advantage of the use of the PH's rifle - a beautiful CZ chambered in 7X64. It was a pleasure to shoot, it was accurate and the cartridge more than adequate for plains game. This service eliminated the hassle of travelling with my own firearms. Victor and his staff run a professional safari hunting operation with all the trimmings - comfortable lodge, excellent food, friendly staff in a truly remarkable African setting. You will not be disappointed.View attachment 465765

Thank you Val! You're a gentleman and a scholar and I loved our varied conversations from history to culture and nature. It was a pleasure, not only hunting with you but showing you my favorite Karoo town, Graaff Reinet, Addo and Plettenberg Bay / Knysna. Your appreciation of our beautiful country, and especially the Karoo makes what we do so much more rewarding. Thank you for the book, I enjoyed the read. It's now in our small lodge library for others to enjoy. My phone was on the bling and I regret that I didn't get as many pics of our hunt and tour as I would have liked to but I did get a few.

One of the best elephant sightings we've had

m_IMG_E6413.jpg

Zebra with Bird Island in the background - coastal side of Addo Elephant NP

m_IMG_E6424.jpg

Accommodation in Addo - Safari tents

m_IMG_E6423.jpg

View from Safari Tent

m_P4240128.jpg

Impala

m_P4270157.jpg

Black Springbok

m_IMG_6428.jpg

Attachments

• m_IMG_6428.jpg
    m_IMG_6428.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg