Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA, DSC
Hunted
USA, CANADA, AFRICA
Finally able to work around Covid cancellations and make my first hunt in Africa. I went with Monterra Safaris in the Limpopo river region of South Africa and I couldn't be happier with my choice. The gave me the exact experience I wanted in what may be my only trip to Africa. Though it is true what they say, I fell right into immediately thinking of how to go back to Africa as soon as I was on the plane going home. The quality of the hunt experience, the lodgings, the food, the quality of the animals, and the professionalism and knowledge of the PH's at Monterra was just right for me. So here are some pics of my trophies to peak everyones interest on hunting in Africa.

20210521_093717.jpg
IMG-20210521-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20210523-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20210523-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20210524-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20210528-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20210528-WA0017.jpg
IMG-20210601-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20210601-WA0011.jpg

Very nice trophies-I’m glad you had a good experience!

Congrats, nice trophies !

Thanks !

Nice trophies, have you decided when you are going to return?!?

Warthog is amazing looking. Nice tusks. Great pictures.

Looks like a great trip! Thanks for posting it.

Congratulations on a great hunt! That nyala is big and that waterbuck is a monster. Great warthog as well.

"Grats to both you and Monterra.................you had a great time and you got a a very fine warthog, a stunning Nyala, and a big waterbuck.....................thanks for photos.................FWB

Fantastic trophies. They are all exceptional but the teeth on your baboon is a trophy harder to get than most others. Well done

Thanks for the kind words yall. EDGE - I'm excited to say I will be making a trip with my son in April and will hunt with Monterra again.

NICE animals!! I hope to be able to make it over there! Hopefully the trip isn't to expensive.. Haha

Well done, congratulations on a successful safari. Thanks for posting.

NICE animals!! I hope to be able to make it over there! Hopefully the trip isn't to expensive.. Haha
From my limited experience though with a lot of research under my belt - though not cheap a safari in Africa can be as expensive as you want it to be, so many variables - species and number of animals, length of hunt, transportation, taxidermy (or not), daily rates ( how much luxury do you require) - all factor into the expense.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Great trophies! I hope to be making this same trip with the old man soon! He is old and decrepit, I hope he can keep up…haha! Love ya pops. Looking forward to our trip in April!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,