singleshot

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member SCI, Life member Sables, Life Member NRA; GOA, .....
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zambia
My First African Safari, eight days for seven animals with Nick Bowker African Hunting Safari.

Eastern Cape, South Africa. info@nickbowkerhunting.com

I am posting this for a new member: Clinton Blake from Wyoming.

An African Safari, the stories of vast lands, and the variety of many animals. In 2019 my friends invited me on a trip to South Africa. A trip I am glad to have been part of. Nick Bowker runs a quality operation, laid back, easy-going, nice accommodations, and great food. From Day 1 it was Hakuna Matata. Morning coffee, to scanning the ever-changing landscape for trophies to be had. A grand brunch, a good nap, great company, back to surveying the countryside for more trophies. To top it off with stories and tall tales of the daily adventures, wine and dine and start all over the next day. For having a routine, each day brought new adventures.

gOCTcmq.jpg

XBTIIrW.jpg

A Bless Buck at 550yards to a Wart Hog at 40yards, sneaking on a trophy Nyala to be busted at 50yards, only to get a better one later, stocking a springbuck to be spooked by pigs that came out of nowhere. Wide-open spaces, areas with thousands of termite mounds, to rolling hills, brushy valleys, rocky cliffs, and every bush has stickers.

gCu087a.jpg

oz7aK93.jpg

Each animal was unique in its habits, abilities and hunting technics. It was never a dull moment. With the wide range of animals roaming it kept me intrigued. Very easy to get sidetracked. A Kudu hunt was planned one afternoon, when we came across a monster Wart Hog, we voted, saving the Kudu for the next morning and quickly changed directions for the Wart Hog, where I was able to harvest an amazing animal.

qpnwNZc.jpg

9MY41W7.jpg

Nick and his PH’s are knowledgeable of every animal and the country, not only are they working hard to find a respectable trophy, they are great teachers. I learned a lot, the rich history of South Africa, the different qualities of each animal. The trackers worked extremely hard to raise the success level and make the hunt more enjoyable. I cannot forget the resort help in keeping my stay first class.

OoqZuPm.jpg

OQ8vjS1.jpg

I cannot thank Nick, his PH’s, and staff enough for the incredible experience and memories.

I ended up with one more trophy than stated, for a total of eight incredible animals. A lot of self-preservation for I would have broken the bank, with all the different variety of animals that were available. I figure all for another trip.

fnQjL5c.jpg

Attachments

• 9MY41W7.jpg
    9MY41W7.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 343
  • fnQjL5c.jpg
    fnQjL5c.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 370
  • gCu087a.jpg
    gCu087a.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 386
  • OoqZuPm.jpg
    OoqZuPm.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 373
  • OQ8vjS1.jpg
    OQ8vjS1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 346
  • oz7aK93.jpg
    oz7aK93.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 374
  • qpnwNZc.jpg
    qpnwNZc.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 362
  • XBTIIrW.jpg
    XBTIIrW.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 333
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your hunt !

That pig is a monster.

That Warthog is cool, sounds like a great hunt!

WOW 550 yards, what kind of a rifle were you using. Do you normally make shots at that distance?

Congratulations on a great hunt with excellent trophies. Planning the next trip back yet?

Outstanding! Another fine Africa adventure! I’m sure you were making plans on your flight home where to go and what you want to hunt on your next trip!
Thanks for the write up!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Congrats on a successful "first" Safari.

Always good to see another enjoy the Dark Continent. So when are you going back? :whistle:

That warthog is a beast
Perfectly symmetrical tusks
Love it

Was happy for you....until
I saw Jurassic Pork.
but congrats on your other trophies and fine write up............FWB

Great trophies and sounds like a great time for you. Very cool!

Congrats! Sounds like you had a great time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg