SOUTH AFRICA: MOZAMBIQUE: Off To Southern Africa With KMG & TMS & PPS

Nice Sable skull there Wayne!

Everything looks nice, there is only so much place for everything.

Everything looks nice, there is only so much place for everything.

I started to overlap things, partially from necessity and partly from an aesthetic angle. You just have to make it work in the space you have.

Probably enough room in that box to hang a couple if you get that goofy kid out of there!:D:p:rolleyes:

That crate is now in the back forty being used as a play house. Two floors stairs and a window. There would be room for a couple small ones......

One of the kids suggested that a TV be installed.
No expectations in this neighbourhood!

Sable looks great.

This is the temporary base until I can find some Walnut that makes my eyes bug out.

The 1/2 steel rod is holding the skull in the air and it can be spun in any direction for easy viewing.

View attachment 160462
Great looking Sable horns Wayne. :S Cool:

Those other critters aren't too shabby either!! :A Way To Go:

p.s. My leopard skin FINALLY made it to Atlanta, just two weeks before my CITES permit expires. It should be here in another week or so.

That is great news that it made it in

Now the taxidermy

Office looks great. Some excellent trophies there. Bruce

Office looks great. Some excellent trophies there. Bruce

I have been incredibly fortunate in my trophy acquisitions and it certainly does show. Thanks

Love that sable euro!!!

@BRICKBURN, unless I choose a different taxidermist, that could be 5 years or more... :cry:

@buffybr , I hear your sable will be in States within 6 months.

Here you go Charlie. Trophies from across southern Africa.

Base for the Kudu (work in progress)
Sable and Bushbuck have not made it into the office yet. Need bases and mounts.

Thankfully, this is my space and I only do paperwork in here. The Nyala looks over my shoulder and supervises.

This was created and planned in the moment. (Well, I did plan the Vaalies to be in a corner) The Hyena and Reedbuck (Antelope and Sheep) were already up and I made the others fit.

View attachment 158232

View attachment 158231

View attachment 158230

I really like what you did with your caracal Wayne. I've been agonizing over what to do with the one I shot that's on its way to the states. It looks good. That steenbok next to it is incredible.

I really like what you did with your caracal Wayne. I've been agonizing over what to do with the one I shot that's on its way to the states. It looks good. That steenbok next to it is incredible.

Thanks for the compliment on the rug mount.
I'll forgive you the ID as I did that myself way back when. :)
That is a Rowland Ward Oribi. It is an incredible specimen.
No Steenbok worthy of the wall yet. One day.

Ahhh! Thought it was just a massive steenbok. I'm unfamiliar with Oribi but seeing all those makes me want to start my own collection. Did you get that on the same hunt you shot the big roosevelt sable?

Got the Oribi in South Africa in the Eastern Cape.
It's earlier in the report.

Lots Of folks chase the tiny ten.

Got the Oribi in South Africa in the Eastern Cape.
It's earlier in the report.

Lots Of folks chase the tiny ten.

Where at in Canada are you? My mom grew up in Southern Alberta and I still have a ton of family (her whole side) in Calgary, Lethbridge, Magrath and around there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg