SOUTH AFRICA: MOZAMBIQUE: Off To Southern Africa With KMG & TMS & PPS

Bet you will rest better when it clears US airspace.:D

Then you can thumb your nose at USFW.:sneaky:

Just about to cross into Canadian airspace. :P Pilot:

:E Zen:

07:30 Time to roll the dice......
If you can believe this one.... I was told to call back after 08:00 and there is no agent available in a 24 hour warehouse. :A Surrender:

08:04 Time to roll the dice....
Still no one. But, the fella looks up the AWB. No sir, we do not have it.:E Confused:

Really? o_O

I smell :A Shit::S Bs Flag:

Then it dawned on me. This was the same voice that had the trophies in LAX getting probed by USFWS.
:A Voodoo:

It is time to find someone else who can operate a computer. :A Type:

I decide to call the airline directly. :A Phone:

I get someones mobile phone number and I am directed to their website to trace my shipment. Who would have thought that you could do that in this day and age. :rolleyes:

Punch in my AWB number and....
Sort through the log:
RCF 13 Aug 02:24
NFD 13 Aug 02:30

Interpretation of NFD:
"Freight and Documents ready for pickup" :E Dancing:

Two more small hurdles. The tax man and the CFIA.

Back to my weekend :P Fisherman: and waiting for the government inspectors to head to work on Monday.

My daughter just married one of your countrymen and moved from WA state to Burnaby. Takes a bit of getting used to knowing she is in another country, but in reality she is closer to home than if she had moved to Portland OR. We'll get used to it.

Burnaby is not that far from you for sure. The peace arch is an easy crossing, just avoid weekends.

Now you have a reason to visit

Brickburn, you appear to be stressing yourself with all the technology at hand. Maybe you should grab the fishing rod plus a few cold drinks and head for the banks of the Skeena. When you get back all will be good.

I quit stressing after the first screw up (misinformation)
Remembered TIA
Trusting some folks this side to know their jobs was my mistake. Checking with the proper folks got the facts and everything is good.

Chilling out and plotting the demise of some fish all day/weekend long. :)

Last edited:
I have final an Airwaybill Number and flight numbers. I woke up to find it in my email. Yeah!

The trophies are sitting in Luxembourg as I write this. One leg down.

Then they get the joy of touring Scotland, Los Angeles, Seattle and finally home.

Apparently nothing has changed in the CFIA process, same fees and notifications.

Looking forward to this.

I quit stressing after the first screw up (misinformation)
Remembered TIA
Trusting some folks this side to know their jobs was my mistake. Checking with the proper folks got the facts and everything is good.

Chilling out and plotting the demise of some fish all day/weekend long. :)

Almost there in your home sir! The thrill is awaiting. Look forward to pictures.

Well, is today the day??

truck loaded.jpg

Two of the five crates loaded.

Most are safely home, one crate has a little further to travel before it is home.
crate.jpg

Half, literally of one of the crates. I can not believe how they can pack it all in.
( I was particularly surprised with the art of one of the packers inside the crate. A Swastika) :eek: :mad:
I'll be having a chat with the Manager.

IMG_4841.jpg

The Blue Duiker made it to a temporary resting place on my printer.

I have some work to do on the Tetris Puzzle.

The Sable Bushbuck and Caracal look great.

Quite happy to have it all home and almost wrapped up.

That is great news. Taken a while for it to all come together. My animals are still in Africa..... Maybe they will show up some day. Looking good there! Bruce

Fantastic stuff!!!

Good stuff, look forward to many more pics!

So far it's a good day for you. Two of five means you still have a lot of work ahead of you.

5 crates......holy smokes that's a lotta critters! Glad it seems to all be well!!

5 crates......holy smokes that's a lotta critters! Glad it seems to all be well!!

It took the customs guy forty minutes to read through all the documentation.
7 Hunters, three years of trophies in one shipment.

Not all mine thankfully. One friend's crate had 11 shoulder mounts in it and then skins and skulls. Oh yeah, and three spiders.

Fantastic stuff!!!

The Sable caught some attention when it was taken from the plastic.

Happily, it still has some Mozambique wood in the ridges.

And all along I thought the purpose was to unwrap it.:D

Congratulations on Xmas in August! Happy for ya.
Thanks Bob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you