South Africa Moves to Level 4 Restrictions - Effective June 28, 2021

shootist~

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, USPSA Certified Range Officer (inactive), NRA Certified Instructor (inactive)
Hunted
USA, Mexico, RSA

LIVE | SA moves to adjusted Level 4 with additional restrictions​

accreditation
News24 team

President #Ramaphosa: Alert #level4 measures will allow most economic activity to continue: •Go to work if unable to work remotely •Retail stores will remain open •Factories, mines, farms, & other businesses will continue to operate •Travel freely within your province

Travel in and out of Gauteng [for leisure] has been prohibited.

Schools to close from Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I listened to the speech.

Travel restrictions do not include work related travel and do not include travel to and from the airport.

But that restriction on travel in and out of Gauteng *for leisure* is giving me heartburn. Hopefully someone more informed can advise what that means for international hunters.

The plot apparently thickens once again.

Hopfully its a short duration on the restrictions but sure isnt positive for those heading that way in short order. Hopfully visiting hunters dont fall under "leisure".

Says for 14 days, not reading that 29 July safari will be stopped, but will be affected I am sure. Now not sure about our 14 day tour after?? No Gatherings, funerals and no eat in restaurants. Fingers crossed it gets better and goes back to level 3 after, NOT down to 2.

MB

Is the lower the number more or less restrictive? What about alcohol? Can we drink alcohol in camp?

I just booked flights two days ago.... Waiting for more info

Is the lower the number more or less restrictive? What about alcohol? Can we drink alcohol in camp?
Higher the number indicates severity.

SA was experiencing a spike in cases when I was in Botswana a couple weeks ago. Namibia also added some restrictions. Both are still open so I wouldn’t panic.

Maybe the PHASA can get some clarification about whether foreign hunters will be able to travel from province to province.

Not clear yet? But no cigar smoking because the smoke may spread the virus throughout the camp. I think Fauci determined this. Stupid is as stupid does.

Wonder if that has to do with the new Covid delta variant?
Yes. The Delta variant was specifically mentioned as the cause for the jump in the numbers.

At least undoubtedly we have the best leisure suits!

Was looking at finalizing a early September hunt this coming week. I may have to postpone that.

Hopefully it will be for only 14 days and if it worsens it might be extended and have some more restrictions.

I doubt internationl hunters travelling with their PH"s or outfitter will be stopped to cross provincial borders to go and hunt as planned.

However the following will affect some:

Restaurants are all closed except for take aways.
Alcohol sales is prohibited everywhere so unless the camp has stocked up you might not have a beer in camp.
No ban on smoking this time.
Travelling curfew 4am to 9pm

Hopefully it will be for only 14 days and if it worsens it might be extended and have some more restrictions.

I doubt internationl hunters travelling with their PH"s or outfitter will be stopped to cross provincial borders to go and hunt as planned.

However the following will affect some:

Restaurants are all closed except for take aways.
Alcohol sales is prohibited everywhere so unless the camp has stocked up you might not have a beer in camp.
No ban on smoking this time.
Travelling curfew 4am to 9pm

Frederik

Curfew is 21:00 - 04:00 (times that you’re not allowed to travel)

Sorry Rudi worte it half assed.

No travel between 9pm and 4 am.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShellieWei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!