SOUTH AFRICA: Mountains & Valleys

thanks for the invite Bruce- all I can say is that if I actually lived over there I'd be flat broke. Of course you have to come to the this side to hunt whitetail deer, elk bighorn sheep .... who am I kidding !! ;) I'd rather be in Africa !!
Seriously, for those that might know- what are the rules for living over there for 4-5 months of the year? Work restrictions ? I could see myself spending some more time over there in my retirement based on whether I could actually work some while there.

Nice report and pics, what an adventure. Congrats!

thanks for the invite Bruce- all I can say is that if I actually lived over there I'd be flat broke. Of course you have to come to the this side to hunt whitetail deer, elk bighorn sheep .... who am I kidding !! ;) I'd rather be in Africa !!
Seriously, for those that might know- what are the rules for living over there for 4-5 months of the year? Work restrictions ? I could see myself spending some more time over there in my retirement based on whether I could actually work some while there.
Good stuff... not 100% sure of the work/ residents permit laws but will get somebody to find out... I am not i RSA at the moment and probably only back there early next year, pre- my Feb hunt in Zim.

kudu skull.jpg

After I repaired the tips and rebuilt the bases- right at 60" on right and 59" on left !!!

Can't say I'm big into the "book" but I don't often kill a top 20 either :) Just confirmed through a Master SCI scorer and submitted my paperwork to SCI: #12 Southern Mountain Reedbuck. 16 6/8.

tbh mnt reedbck.jpg

Very nice trophy.

Awesome animal! Congrats

Congrats! Also, just found this report- great read. Thanks for sharing and congrats on that amazing kudu!

Super Mtn Reedbuck!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg