SOUTH AFRICA: Motshwere Safari Trip Of A Lifetime

grsep

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska, Canada, USA, Mexico, Philippines, Dominican Republic, Hondurus
I can't express what an amazing experience SA was. I have hunted with many outfitters and can say I have never had better service and care than I received with Motshwere Safari. It was my wife's first ever hunting trip and I so thankful to Werner and his wonderful wife and staff that made our trip better than we dreamed. Thank you Motshwere, we will be back!
We booked a 2 week safari last year and it seemed like forever to arrive. The flight was so long and we were exhausted when we finally arrived in Joberg. It was so nice to be greeted by the Motshwere people who then walked us down and got our firearms cleared. I loved the drive to the lodge, it was beautiful. It was the coolest to see Giraffes and other animals as we drove.
The Lodging at Motshwere was very nice, my wife loved the thatched roofs. The food was awesome and the staff so friendly. It was probably not the best to have my wife on the trip cause now we both are expecting our freshly washed and folded clothes on our bed :) (this was my wife's favorite part)
My package that I booked and split with my best friend included a Kudu for each of us and then one zebra for him and a Gemsbok for me. I ended up killing 13 animals and loved every monent of the hunting. The Zebra and the Wildebeest seemed to be the hardest hunting. I am still in shock that I killed a Sable. I wouldn't have completed my spiral slam if Werner had not encouraged me. I am so glad that I did and would be kicking myself now that I am home if I had of passed on such amazing animals.
I can't wait to go back and would recommend Motshwere Safari to anyone. My wife only hunted about half the time with me and when she wasn't they made sure she was taken care of. Werner's wife arranged a spa day for her and when she wasn't hunting walked her all over their concession so that my wife was able to get very close to many animals.
I am hooked and can't wait to go back.
I will be looking for guidance and will have some questions for the group as I prepare to build a big bore rifle!
Thanks again Motshwere!

image-jpg.48769

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH grsep! Please feel free to post lots of photo's we would love to hear all about it.

Grsep, thanks for the opportunity to share a great experience! I along with you am glad that I shot the extra animals and do not regret the extra expense. Having the opportunity for my wife and myself to shoot a total of 9 animals was fantastic. Motshwere was more than accommodating in every aspect. My wife has Celiac disease and cannot eat anything with Gluten or wheat byproducts. Motshwere went out of their way to provide her with many meals cooked individually to accommodate her with her issues. I continually told Kenny and Techmo that they needed to cut down on the great meals because I knew that I would go home much heavier that when I arrived. Stephanie took our wives in for a "Girls day" and pampered them and that was much appreciated!!! They took us to a nearby National Park where we were able to observe many animals that we would not have seen otherwise. I would recommend this outfitter/friend to anyone looking for a great Africa experience!

Oh I can see there needs to be a lot more pictures. really looking forward to the report.:E Happy:

image.jpg
This big dude was as fun as anything I hunted! We made a perfect stock through some heavy reeds. We came to a large opening with a perfect wind in our face. This huge bodied pig was slowly moving across the opening in front of us. I got on the sticks and put the crosshairs on his shoulders. It seemed like 5 minutes before he lifted his head so we could see his beautiful face. Quinton (my PH) gave me the go, and I put Barnes TSX into him. Like that he was gone into the reeds, and I'm thinking, I hope I hit him good. It felt good, and with a hand motion I'm following the PH into the reeds that are way over my head. The adrenaline started to pump as we followed the big blood trail deep into the reeds. I keep hoping to see him dead and not alive coming right at me :). He only went about 30 yards and piled up. The smile lasted all day, and got bigger when I made a similar stock on a big female!
That was a great day!

Nice Tusker! I always said I'd never shoot the same African animal unless it was bigger or until I have taken them all, thats a lie Pigs are always on my list.

Thanks for the hunt report, nice pictures. I hope more great hunting reports come from Motshwere Safari.

Thanks for the hunt report, nice pictures. I hope more great hunting reports come from Motshwere Safari.
I couldn't have been any happier! Great service and great properties!

image.jpg
Crazy cold day and crazy tough animal. He took two solid shots from my 300 wsm before dropping.

That is an Awesome Impala. What mount are you planning to do?

View attachment 48775 Crazy cold day and crazy tough animal. He took two solid shots from my 300 wsm before dropping.
Be Glad he dropped. The Bushbuck is the dangerous game of plains game animals a wounded one will charge from out of the brush if it gets the chance. Congrats on another fine animal.

I have heard the trophy quality is exceptional there. I know there are some waterbucks there, I would have gladly killed in a heartbeat after seeing the pictures.

Grsep, thanks for the opportunity to share a great experience! I along with you am glad that I shot the extra animals and do not regret the extra expense. Having the opportunity for my wife and myself to shoot a total of 9 animals was fantastic. Motshwere was more than accommodating in every aspect. My wife has Celiac disease and cannot eat anything with Gluten or wheat byproducts. Motshwere went out of their way to provide her with many meals cooked individually to accommodate her with her issues. I continually told Kenny and Techmo that they needed to cut down on the great meals because I knew that I would go home much heavier that when I arrived. Stephanie took our wives in for a "Girls day" and pampered them and that was much appreciated!!! They took us to a nearby National Park where we were able to observe many animals that we would not have seen otherwise. I would recommend this outfitter/friend to anyone looking for a great Africa experience!
Post some of your picks cause they are awesome

Be Glad he dropped. The Bushbuck is the dangerous game of plains game animals a wounded one will charge from out of the brush if it gets the chance. Congrats on another fine animal.
Thanks
I was ready, did a lot of prep before we came, but still blown away by how tough all the plains game are

Congrats on the hunt!

Thanks
I was ready, did a lot of prep before we came, but still blown away by how tough all the plains game are
They are tough animals! Like my Eland after 4 good kill shots he walked off another 30 yards before he even acted like he was hit, I looked at my friend and PH and said that's the toughest F'n animal I have ever seen. I thought I was missing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherrillGl

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg