SOUTH AFRICA: Marius Goosen & KMG Safaris

Love the photos and seeing some of the characters... I recognize a few of them!
Randy

I hope you are shooting off a tripod, as that's what you'll use over there. I think the longest shot I was presented with over there was 230 meters with 150 - 200 meters typical.

Thanks for you report.
I am going to Marius to hunt less than 2 weeks from now:)

Thanks for the report as well, glad you had a great time. I am right behind Norwegianwoods and head over to hunt with Marius in a little over three weeks.

Norwegianwoods and adgunner, just follow my advice on clothing (but if you are from Norway and Canada you may not consider cold what I consider cold), and throw a blesbok into your animals list. To me, the blesbok is the best value that KMG offers, and they are as thick as fleas on some properties. Oh, and please post on here details of your trip!

Thanks for you report.
I am going to Marius to hunt less than 2 weeks from now:)

Thanks for the report Postoak, Looks yo u had a great time all in all.
Norwegianwoods, looking forward to your report. Have a great time:)
Reading these reports makes me want to back so bad!!!

Postoak, Will throw in some warmer clothing, but the temps over there now usually mean swim trunks for us:) I actually spent two years exchanged to the US Army in Ft Bliss so i painfully understand that Texas heat. Have planned to hunt a Bontebok while there and will absolutely post a report upon my return. As for the Blesbok, the finance minister is travelling with me ... i will have to start working on that now:)

A Blesbuck is already on my wish list :)
You should ad one to yours too adgunner. I am sure your finance minister will find room for that trophy fee in the budget :)

I have planned to pack a few warmer cloths as I froze my but off early in the mornings in Northern Cape in 2011 because the agent I used then totally misinformed me regarding the temps there at that time of the year.

Hi, glad you had a great time ,i hunted at louw farm a couple of week ago, he has some cracking ground hes a really great ph and good lad, we were really looked after at his place, we also hunted on francoise for bushbuck, hes a real character, best regards graeme

Marius runs a great operation.

Spike, not to sure i will be able to pull off the "president" thing without a revolt, i have decided to resort to copious amounts of wine on the plane and a tape recorder of the finance minister agreeing to the additional trophy fees ... however slurred that speech might be:)

Spike, not to sure i will be able to pull off the "president" thing without a revolt, i have decided to resort to copious amounts of wine on the plane and a tape recorder of the finance minister agreeing to the additional trophy fees ... however slurred that speech might be:)

excellent, using the intelligence ministry for underhand tactics....;):beer:

gday adgunner
at worst you could always do what my youngest son did on our African adventure
he accidently shot extra impala ram which in turn passed through and hit an impala doe in the neck , and babboof he had his mount of a ram either side of the doe hanging on his bed room wall
strange that hey?
when he bullshiting me all I can remember was his p.h laughing as he walked away

Yeah,
we have many tactics in camp. The tape recorder and alcohol things works pretty good and has brought our hunters a lot of success over the years. We also supply the wine and recorder. This plan however is not fail-safe. We have found that water boarding usually does the trick...

Marius, Sorry, buddy, you have not been married long enough... Try water boarding or other tactic and she'll tell you, very nicely, "Don't go to sleep......"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smithcaterine92

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg