SOUTH AFRICA: Mabula Pro Safaris Just got back!

wswat

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, Dallas SCI, NWTF
Hunted
USA,CANADA, South Africa, New Zealand, Namibia
We had a great time hunting with christo and Stella Gomes of Mabula Pro Safaris!!
Our PH Jurie was awesome!
We arrived on the night of the 15th of August and the first day we spend driving around the hunting areas looking at all the game they have.And to tell you there was a ton would be an under statement. Towards the end of the first day we spotted a nice waterbuck and made a move on him. With one solid shot from my 300 WSW he was down. What a great looking animal he is and I'm more than happy with him!.
Second day I ended up taken a nice Nyala with my bow and I wish I could of shot 5 more. Seems like everywhere we went there was nice bulls.
On the 3rd day I shot a nice Kudu while hunting in the mountains right through the front shoulder but just as I pulled the trigger he turned and it broke his leg but got no vitals. So I was pretty down about that:( tracked him for days until Christo spotted him 3 days later and they finished him off for me so I was able to get my trophy. In the mean time I shot another Kudu which looked almost the same.
Day 4 I shot a Impala and a Black Wildebeast.
Day 6 I shot a zebra with a bow after 4 nights of hunting. Man they are smart animals. Day 7 we traveled sw about 3 hours to hunt Spring buck and I ended up with a nice animal. Don't know any measurments for you as to the size of the animals but looks like both Kudu were 50-51 inchs and the Impala was 24" and Spring buck was over 14" But those aren't facts until I hear back from the taxidermists.
I have nothing but good things to say about the place. They have a lion breeding facility there so it was really cool to hear the lions at night and to see them feed those beasts! Also the accomidations we top knotch and my wife keeps saying we need to go back. And she is a non-hunter but really likes the outdoors and the experience. have nothing to compair it so since this was my first trip to Africa but it will not be my last!

Attachments

• Africa day8 003.jpg
    Africa day8 003.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_2429.jpg
    IMG_2429.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2434.jpg
    IMG_2434.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_2441.jpg
    IMG_2441.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_2448.jpg
    IMG_2448.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_2453.jpg
    IMG_2453.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_2472.jpg
    IMG_2472.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_1633.jpg
    IMG_1633.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 297
  • Kudu 2 and Zebra 006.jpg
    Kudu 2 and Zebra 006.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 312
Thanks for the hunting report and great pics, glad they were able to find your Kudu for you. By the looks of you and your trophy's you had really good time.

Thanks for the report. Lots of nice trophies as well. Congratulation

wswat ~ Enjoyed your hunt report - thanks for sharing that and your trophy photos! Most people think that Zebra are easy to harvest but not normally the case. Sounds like you're "hooked" like the rest of us!

Congrats, those are some excellent animal. Everyone is a giant. :)

Well done, great trophies all. I love that Waterbuck!

Thank you everyone!!! One thing I can say about my PH is that we passed tons of animals that I thought were nice but he said not big enough. Maybe not the biggest ones in the world but I am more than happy with the results of the hard work of my PH. I could never do their job as it is extreamly hard. My hats go off to them for everything they do.

Thanks for the report, wswat, and congratulations for the hunt. Nice trophies !

The pictures and hunting report appears to show that you had a great time...way to go...

Thanks for posting your hunt report and trophy photos.

Congrats on a fine safari,

I have gotten alot of funny looks over the last couple of years when i tell people a Zebra is one of the hardest animals to kill with a bow.

Also a big thanks to Lori with Travel Express for helping us with our Airline.

Wswat,

Congratulations !!! you have taken all monstrous trophies !!! thanks for sharing the hunt report & the pictures....

Monish

Pictures of my Hunting partner that cleaned house at Mabula Pro Safaris.

Attachments

• IMG_1518.jpeg
    IMG_1518.jpeg
    555.7 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1533.jpeg
    IMG_1533.jpeg
    335.4 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_1540.jpeg
    IMG_1540.jpeg
    621.7 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_1549.jpeg
    IMG_1549.jpeg
    396.4 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_1562.jpeg
    IMG_1562.jpeg
    603.2 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1574.jpeg
    IMG_1574.jpeg
    590.8 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1587.jpeg
    IMG_1587.jpeg
    685.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_1599.jpeg
    IMG_1599.jpeg
    484.6 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_1623.jpeg
    IMG_1623.jpeg
    599.9 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_1637.jpeg
    IMG_1637.jpeg
    416.5 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1647.jpeg
    IMG_1647.jpeg
    480.8 KB · Views: 240
Thanks for posting them wswat!

Thanks for the pictures, I'm super happy you guys had a great hunt!

Fantastic animals but you and your partner have to go back all he needs is a Bushbuck for his Spiral horn Slam.
Great Hunt what was the length on his Kudu, Eland and Nyala?

Not sure on offical length yet. Taxidermist will send me results as soon as they dry.
Thank you everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!