Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Portland Chapter, Oregon
I went to SCS in South Africa.

My plan was to hunt blesbok, gemsbok, impala, lioness,baboon, & jackal.

I HAD THE BEST TEN DAYS OF MY LIFE. I was crying the last day because I had to leave the best friends I have ever made.

I shot an impala on the first day after sighting in my .338 WM & .416 Rigby.

The second day I had to hunt my lioness. Call it a "canned hunt" if you want I was damned near crapped my pants & DID puke after ward. My PH I & Johan Dupreeze, worked our butts off trying to find this bitch that had been released for 6 months. We tracked her all afternoon and finally caught up with her and I made a perfect shot and she died in 10 feet of the shot with my .338 WM with hot loaded Nosler Particaians. I had been charged by her sisiter the day before!

The next day I went out and shot at a blesbok but missed as I had bumped my scope getting out of the toyota for pictures.

I also hit a gemsbok that day then went to the range the find out my rifle was 3" high & 4" left of the Point of aim.

I spent several days hunting kudu and finally found this old boy.

We spend several more day hunting the "stupid " blesbok and passing on smaller kudu, red hartebeast, and other animals.

I finally got this old broomed-off blesbok.

dsc00122rev0-jpg.1231

I spend several more days hunting warthog and my wife taking pictures but it was the BEST 10 days of my LIFE.

I can hardly wait to ge back with my "family" @ SCS and see Leeoux the lion dog, "G", his owner, Abie Stein, Paul, Daan, Kobus, Yakobus, and have them call me the crazy Pielkop again!

Attachments

• dsc00122rev0.jpg
    dsc00122rev0.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,359
  • dsc02725rev0.jpg
    dsc02725rev0.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 242
  • dsc00193rev0.jpg
    dsc00193rev0.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 287
  • dsc02843rev0.jpg
    dsc02843rev0.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 237
  • dsc02813rev0.jpg
    dsc02813rev0.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 236
Last edited by a moderator:
...Nice trophies!! That's exactly the way I felt the last day of my first safari! I had already started planning the 2nd safari the last night at the campfire! As they say Africa is addictive!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross