South Africa Lion Hunting Under Review: Minister Announces High Level Report

What is the difference / definition of captive bred lions vs canned lions ?
They seem to think a 3.5k hectare fenced area is a can

No dogs for leopard hunting? Guess the er will get more business !
I also hope these animals will still be here when my grandson is old enough to hunt, he is 1.5 yrs old now. Not to mention the future price of hunts, with these restrictions.

This isn’t law only a report, but should be a warning to those preaching the if it’s legal I support others argument. We need to apply ethics and police ourselves prior to actions being taken by those we don’t want involved.

This isn’t law only a report, but should be a warning to those preaching the if it’s legal I support others argument. We need to apply ethics and police ourselves prior to actions being taken by those we don’t want involved.
That is a good point ! Would probably serve as a solution to many problems.

Absolutely.

Sorry to here.
I leave May 28 for a lioness hunt. Looks like mine will still happen.
Your right Mark, your salt rubbing worked. I just changed it so I am back on, hunt starts 1 Aug for 21 days. Lots of areas and animals, starting with CBL male. I will worry about our dictatorship rules when I return. Really have fingers crossed for 1- SA rules not in effect for this Aug and 2-No mandated hotels for 3 days and $3000 upon return.
Not sure if my non hunting sisters will be joining me. Dam this mess. Antis are winning at every turn, must go and do while we still can.

MB

Your right Mark, your salt rubbing worked. I just changed it so I am back on, hunt starts 1 Aug for 21 days. Lots of areas and animals, starting with CBL male. I will worry about our dictatorship rules when I return. Really have fingers crossed for 1- SA rules not in effect for this Aug and 2-No mandated hotels for 3 days and $3000 upon return.
Not sure if my non hunting sisters will be joining me. Dam this mess. Antis are winning at every turn, must go and do while we still can.

MB
our government couldnt put a law or rule in place in 3 years, even if they got their corrupt asses off a chair and did something. they would have to leave their KFC to get cold while they actually did a bit of work......and thats never gonna happen

MB

Congrats on booking the hunt!! Enjoy!

My 2¢, Talk is cheap and this paper just means certain individuals in the government aren't getting their "protection" money. No different than the old days in Chicago. Pay up or we'll put you out of business.
I read this fluff and have to keep reminding myself this is Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg