SOUTH AFRICA: Lion Hunt With DE KLERK SAFARIS September 24 To 28, 2021

@degoins, thank you sir! I'll PM you later on, I have some questions for you. When are you going to write your report and post pictures? Inquiring and inpatient minds are waiting. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm trying to work on my report as we speak. Time is flying by so fast that everything is still a blur to me. I'm having trouble remembering what we did on which days...……..lol

Here's my lion....

20211005_112059.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the shirt, hat, oh and the gun too. :ROFLMAO: Beautiful lioness, congrats. Wow!!!!

Congrats on your lioness! What a hunt! Great report!

Brought back memories of my lion, also up in the Kalahari, back in 2015. First animal I hunted in Africa!

Thanks Frederick.
Yes I did shoot through a good sized "bushbuck" with my second shot on the lioness. The bullet passed through the "bushbuck" and came out like shotgun pellets. Part of the core of the bullet was under the skin on the opposite side of my first shot and the and the remaining parts passed through right beside the entrance hole of the first shot. Crazy.

Are you going to do a shoulder mount or a Euro mount on that bushbuck????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Excellent report! Thanks! It brought great memories back of my own lion/lioness experience.
Para45, since I too could not bring anything back from my hunt, I found a company in Okie City that does plastic skulls for a reasonable price. Extremely realistic! I believe they are Skulls Unlimited. They do lots of skulls, real and plastic, for schools, etc. actually cost less than having a euro done.

@Ridgewalker, thank you sir for the information! I'll definitely keep them in mind. (y)(y)

Frederik, Congratulations on the lion. Great shooting with that 458 Lott!! I like that setup with the red dot. I am looking for a CZ 458 Lott Lefty and that looks like a nice setup. Well done and great shooting!

Last post for a while dropped off the trophies Friday at Savuti Taxidermy now the wait and then posting of the photos when I collect my trophies.

Thanks again for everyone that read the long report.

Fine shooting on that lioness. That 2nd one was not easy and you made it look like it was. Congrats
Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZaneDenova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg