Marcus bock

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Ethiopia, South Africa
I just returned from a one week hunt with Limcroma Safaris in South Africa. Everything was absolutely outstanding. They have an excellent group of PH's (not rent-a PH's), superb facilities, and great game management practices. They took care of us (my buddy, Ken and myself) concerning every aspect needed....even making sure we had our Covid test in a timely fashion for our return trip home. We were able to harvest some beautiful animals (46" sable and 54" kudu to mention a couple). Food was outstanding. And, we had a great time around the nightly fire sharing stories with new friends. I enjoyed the experience so much, that I'm taking my 13 year old grandson back to Limcroma in November of this year.

1624036514662.png
1624036769410.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The kudu photo (congrats!!)... Tell me about the rifle, if you would.

Outstanding trophies.
What are the latest Covid requirements for training?

Congratulations on a successful safari, thanks for posting.

The covid testing was easy. Limcroma picks you up at the airport or hotel....takes you straight to the lodge. Contact with very few people. One or two days before your return trip, Limcroma has you spit in a tube. They send it out and your results are back in 24 hours. No missed hunting time. Interestingly, when we arrived in JFK airport, no one asked for our coivd test info. Also, as we went through security (we have global entry), the officer looked at our photo and said "have a nice day." That was it !!! Regarding rifles we used....I'm asking for info from the PH, as we used their guns( we spend several weeks working on game reserves so don't want to mess with gun) . The kudu was shot with a 3006. The sable was shot with a 308. Very accurate.

Thanks. I guess I have gotten used to seeing newer looking rifles with suppressors, if it's a rental rig. The one with the kudu looks older, with no suppressor. I thought perhaps it was a personal rifle. I wondered about it, with that schnabel forend and it looking like it's seen a few hunts.

Congrats, seems like you had a great time !

I laid eyes on that kudu in person. Great bull!
Beautiful sable too!

Limcroma is a first class operation all the way around.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the report and congratulations!

Congrats on your trophies! Thanks for sharing your experience. The folks at Limcroma Safaris never disappoint.

Beautiful trophies. Way to go.

I see Limcroma is still a premier outfitter and congratulations on some great trophies. A number of years ago my first Safari was with Limcroma and it left me hooked on Africa. It was totally enjoyable and I echo all your comments. My highlight trophy was a 58.5" Kudu in addition to other great trophies.

DSC00113.JPG

Congrats on a fine hunt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,