SOUTH AFRICA: Limcroma Hunt - Great Times!

Mike B

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.bazarsolutions.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC - Lifetime Member, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, Argentina, US (TX, NM, SD), Botswana
I'm 3 days into my trip and having a grand ole time. I'll write up a better report when I get back but wanted to share some pics. Got a nice wide Blesbok the second morning and got nice Gemsbok this afternoon. The first day I took a shot at a zebra but only managed to kill the stick in front of it.

IMG_4500.JPG

IMG_4523.JPG

Both beautiful trophies-can't wait to read more about your hunt and see more great pix!

Glad to hear you are off to a great start! How's the leg holding up?

Congrats so far, look forward to the full report! That is a super wide blesbok!

Nice start. Will look forward to a full report.
Bruce

That's a cool looking blesbuck, and don't worry there have been many Stick, branch and tree kills. Look forward to reading more updates.

Oryx a female ,not that it matters? ..I was looking at how long those horns are ! Nice.

Great start. I always told myself I would only ever take one blesbuck but if I would have seen that one I would have number 2 now.

I'll get all the questions in one post:

The leg is holding up good! I can't complain. Little stiff each night but hasn't slowed me down I don't think.

Riaan is my PH. Nothing but good things. Joshua is our tracker/driver

It is a female Gemsbok. I'm no judge of these things, but I was told it was a thicker/heavier female. I'm super pumped anyway and think it will look great!

On the Blesbuck, I hadn't planned to take one but we saw some and Riaan asked if I wanted one. I told him if there was an exceptional one I would be stupid not to take, but otherwise I would pass. He glassed them a min and said, "let's go, there is a really wide one I've been hunting all year. Not as thick, but really wide." So off we went!

Took my Zebra this morning in the ultimate "Take what Africa gives you" test. I had started the trip with Zebra or Gemsbok, whatever we get first. We spent the better pet of 3 days chasing Zebra and then connected with the gemsbok. So I was thinking Zebra was my African Nemesis. Well, we saw this great Zebra today hunting Kudu and I decided to stay on budget but take the Zebra and then either a bushbuck, hartebeest or wildebeest, whichever we came across first that falls into the same "you'd be an idiot not to" category as the Blesbok. So, next trip is for Kudu! I just had worked so hard for the Zebra I was really happy to take it home.

IMG_4540.JPG

For a guy with a bad leg, you're doing excellent!

Enjoy your time in Africa.

Got a red hartebeest and my impala. Now on the hunt for a baboon (my 7 year old asked me to shoot one when I asked what present he wanted from Africa!)

IMG_4559.JPG

IMG_4600.JPG

Congrats on your success!

Looks like a great hunt. That Zebra is beautiful.

Good looking trophies sir! Glad you got your zebra.

Really great trophies you're taking! That blesbok is really an eye-catcher and the zebra is really gorgeous with hardly any shadow-stripes! Good luck with the baboon!

Great Blesbok.

looks like everything is turning out great for you! beautiful trophies you've harvested as well!

Adrenaline is a sure-fired cure for a gimpy leg. Sounds like you are having a great time and have been lucky enough to bag some great animals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross