SOUTH AFRICA: Leopards Valley Safaris In Eastern Cape South Africa

Barryw

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Just returned from hunting with Dave and Nikki Davenport at Leopards Valley Safaris. If you want to hunt from the truck, on small properties, shoot game at short yardages, this is not your place. However, if you want to really work for your animals while hunting large tracts of property, then put Leopard Valley Safaris on your bucket list.

The lodge is very comfortable. Nikki's cooking is great. I hope she makes her kudu lasagna when you are there. because it is wonderful. Our PH, Craig Done was excellent. He and the tracker worked together like a well oiled machine.

I have only been on five safaris, so I certainly can't speak as a seasoned safari hunter, but I hope to go back to Leopards Valley before my Africa hunting days are over.

Hi Barryw. First of all welcome to AH. Always good to see a new poster here. Especially someone with some african experience. Sounds like you had a grat trip. How about sharing some pics? A hunt report in more detail would be followed and read by many. I only get to go to Africa once every 2-3 yrs. Many are like me. We get to "come along with you" when you post a detailed report. Would love to hear more.
Bruce

Welcome :S Welcome: We always like to hear a good report. And the more pics the better!,

Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing! Look forward to some pics!

Looking forward to pictures!

I see this is your first post. Love to see some pictures from your trips!
Welcome to the forum!

Thank you Barry for the kind words . We thoroughly enjoyed having you. We'll have to look at that buffalo next time .
Dave

Yes welcome, look forward to some pictures.

We knew we were not going to have any animals mounted so we hunted management animals. Therefore, we don't have pictures of trophy animals.

Trophy animals were available, we just chose not to hunt them. I don't know how to post pictures, we hunted eland, kudu, black springbuck, black wildebeest and jackal.

Glad you had a good hunt. The east cape has some great areas to hunt. Someone will help you on how to post pictures. Even non trophy animals are nice to see for someone's hunt.

Welcome to AH, Barry !

Here is a culmination of 2017 hunts
Tell me what you think

Nice video!

Congrats! Hunting big properties is nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg