SOUTH AFRICA: Leopard Valley Safaris aka Dave Davenport

2K all in. That has to be a cull hunt.

Seems light for even a cull hunt. I called him out on this earlier, but received no response. I posited that $1950, 5 days, 5 animals, is not a legitimate hunt, corners are being cut somewhere. OP did not respond.

It would be unpalatable at this stage and in this thread to discuss in details Huntershill offerings, but in the interest of answering wesheltonj's and AB2506's current questions, I can confirm that Huntershill has offered at the SCI show in Reno this January a $1,950 5 days / 5 animals "Show Special" all inclusive CULL PACKAGE and that this package is indeed legitimate and indeed of incredible value.

wesheltonj is obviously correct about a cull hunt, and I fully shared AB2506's concerns when I booked with Huntershill one year ago myself...
See https://www.africahunting.com/threa...faris-august-2018-plains-game-paradise.45017/

The opening sentence of the report, filed on August 15, 2018 was:
"It was with some level of trepidation that I booked a plains game hunt with Huntershill Safaris. There are not a lot of Huntershill videos on You Tube; there was a conflict among partners some years back; and Huntershill price are very good. "Are they too good?" was my wife's question..."
I added a few sentences later: "Yes, yes, yes to any question and request. Wow! This will be either very good ... or very bad. Generously, my wife suggested that I spend more money to go somewhere else with more 'Internet presence.' But I went with Huntershill ... That decision was one of the best I made over 40+ years of hunting."

If I have gained any credibility with any of you whose screen name I recognize in this thread, since I have been a member, dating from before I went to Huntershill, I would again urge you to NOT CONNECT the unsavory practices (I am exercising the restraint for which I have been chided sometimes ;)) of the Original Poster with either the business ethics of Greg Harvey or the offerings of Huntershill.

Huntershill will soon be a sponsor and advertiser on africahunting.com, and I will be happy to answer THEN, any question from any of you about these and other packages, but I am sure that you appreciate that here or now are not the place or time.

Thanks
Pascal

Last edited:
It would be unpalatable at this stage and in this thread to discuss in details Huntershill offerings, but in the interest of answering wesheltonj's and AB2506's current questions, I can confirm that Huntershill has offered at the SCI show in Reno this January a $1,950 5 days / 5 animals "Show Special" all inclusive CULL PACKAGE and that this package is indeed legitimate and indeed of incredible value.

wesheltonj' is obviously correct about a cull hunt, and I fully shared AB2506's concerns when I booked with Huntershill one year ago myself...
See https://www.africahunting.com/threa...faris-august-2018-plains-game-paradise.45017/

The opening sentence of the report, filed on August 15, 2018 was:
"It was with some level of trepidation that I booked a plains game hunt with Huntershill Safaris. There are not a lot of Huntershill videos on You Tube; there was a conflict among partners some years back; and Huntershill price are very good. "Are they too good?" was my wife's question..." I added a few sentences later: "Yes, yes, yes to any question and request. Wow! This will be either very good ... or very bad. Generously, my wife suggested that I spend more money to go somewhere else with more 'Internet presence.' "

If I have gained any credibility with any of you whose screen name I recognize in this thread, since I have been a member, dating from before I went to Huntershill, I would again urge you to NOT CONNECT the unsavory practices (I am exercising the restraint for which I have been chided sometimes ;)) of the Original Poster with either the business ethics of Greg Harvey or the offerings of Huntershill.

Huntershill will soon be a sponsor and advertiser on africahunting.com, and I will be happy to answer THEN, any question from any of you about these and other packages, but I am sure that you appreciate that here or now are not the place or time.

Thanks
Pascal

Yah yah, enough of that. The burning or perhaps freezing question I have as an AZ elk hunter is how much snow have you got today? Whole state seems to be slammed and that’s a great thing as you’d know.

Edit: No disrespect intended, but this thread needed a little comic relief and I am actually curious about your snowfall. It even snowed in Scottsdale today.

Yah yah, enough of that. The burning or perhaps freezing question I have as an AZ elk hunter is how much snow have you got today? Whole state seems to be slammed and that’s a great thing as you’d know.
No disrespect perceived PHOENIX PHIL :) the answer is an honest, measured 6" accumulated so far, on the East side of the Peaks. Likely more on the West side that always gets the brunt of whatever comes from the Pacific.

Welcome to Arizona:E Dancing:!!!

Live pic:
IMG_2559.jpg

Last edited:
Of all the BS character assassination attempts I’ve seen on here this one takes the cake. This dude better hope he doesn’t end up ass deep in a hellava lawsuit. I’m sure he will at some point if he keeps this crap up.
As an outfitter this kinda thing will certainly give a guy an uneasy feeling.

Oh btw I’m looking forward to more legitimate hunt reports from both LVS and HH clients. I love reading everyone’s reports. I’ve been curbed state side for 3 years now, with the exception of a couple trips to El Salto for some fishing.
I miss Africa terribly but on a bright note I am getting to head back to Brazil and spend a week on the Amazon catching Peacocks again October.
On the Africa front there is a whisper of hope for 2020 but I don’t want to jinx it. Was supposed to go last summer and that got canceled (by me and circumstances not by any outfitter’s or anything). I don’t dare even think about it (ok that may be a lie, I dream of being back in Africa every second of every day), rephrase, I don’t dare get too excited and my hopes up too much as it’s so fragile at the moment.

Of all the BS character assassination attempts I’ve seen on here this one takes the cake. This dude better hope he doesn’t end up ass deep in a hellava lawsuit. I’m sure he will at some point if he keeps this crap up.
As an outfitter this kinda thing will certainly give a guy an uneasy feeling.

Agreed, what a load of crap he dished out.

@One Day... ,

Congrats on the pending "new job." O know you'll enjoy it. Sorry you had to announce the way you did..... Part of the job though I guess! :)

would simply like to assure each and everyone of you that Greg Harvey as an individual and Huntershill as a business are ABSOLUTELY and ENTIRELY disconnected from any action the Original Poster has taken, or statements he has made, or will make, regarding Leopard Valley Safaris and/or Dave Davenport who are well respected members of our hunting community, and I KNOW FOR A FACT that Greg is viscerally opposed to any action, by anyone using the Huntershill name that could be, or could have the appearance of being, unfair, slanderous, defamatory, or in ANY WAY UNETHICAL. This is simply not what Greg or Huntershill are about, and quite frankly, neither Greg personally, as the very successful head of the Queen Group and its 350 employees (http://queengroup.co.za/about-us); the head of Huntershill and its 80 employee (http://www.huntershillsafaris.co.za/); and the head of Comre Safaris (https://comresafaris.co.za/), nor Huntershill have any need to use any but the most above board marketing to offer their very high quality hunts.

You say that Greg is entirely disconnected from @Michaelh but that's not really true (not saying by choice, so please don't take that wrong). The website run by Michael is clearly tagged with HHS and there is a reference of "We" on the site. The implication of course is that there is a quite a deep connection, not a lack of one .

So my question is, since Greg is viscerally opposed to anyone using the HHS name in a poor manner how will this gentleman's actions be addressed? At this point, and it may be in action, the root cause here does not seem to have yet been addressed, at least publicly.

Sincerely,

Royal

One day
Thanks for the video, best part of entire thread. Jerome or Brick, don’t we have a red button or something? Jacques

After a blatant failed character assassination attempt of this magnitude the dude would be a complete moron (I already think he is anyway) to ever dare to post anything again. He’s got zero credibility as far as I’m concerned.
I’m sure he’ll lurk in the shadows but I highly doubt we’ll see anymore from this asshole again, at least here.
Those of you that hang out on the “other site” may keep an eye out for him. I’m sure HH is going to shit can this guy anyway if it hasn’t been done already. They’re crazy if they don’t.

Attachments

• iu.jpg
    iu.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 99
I was so impressed that this thread didn't get all vicious towards the OP.

Little did I know I would be the poor innocent victim of internet hate! :ROFLMAO:

#stopthebullying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you