Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
I’m heading out on Sunday night to the Limpopo Province to hunt sable and roan. I could not pass on that hunt when it was offered on AH. I hope to find a nice warthog too! I’m not bringing my gun and that will allow me to fly very cheap this time, which makes me happy. I’m going to have Dennis mount the animals. Swift Dip will do the dip and pack. I’m hoping for a fun adventure and to see a lot of animals.

IMG_0207.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Exciting stuff! Best of luck!

Best of luck, safe travels and straight shooting to ya! Look forward to pictures and report.

If you are not going to bring a firearm...what did you arrange to use?

Looking forward to your report.
Good luck.

Perfect.
Shoot straight, have fun and take lots of pictures for us.

If you are not going to bring a firearm...what did you arrange to use?

Looking forward to your report.
Good luck.

I will use whatever the outfitter has for a camp gun. By and large I have had terrific luck using outfitter’s firearms.

Good luck and safe travels, will be watching for a report.

Didn't know you were going to make it out again this soon. Looking forward to your report. I expect that you'll have a great time.
Bruce

I was going to fix my truck up and do other things Bruce it’s just too good of an offer to pass up. Airfare was a hair over $750 round trip. Plus my work place has a lot of overtime opportunities. Things have been really crazy busy and I don’t see it slowing down at all. I want burn some more vacation and then buckle down again. Which means who knows when I go back ?

What airline are you flying for 750?!?!

I was going to fix my truck up and do other things Bruce it’s just too good of an offer to pass up. Airfare was a hair over $750 round trip. Plus my work place has a lot of overtime opportunities. Things have been really crazy busy and I don’t see it slowing down at all. I want burn some more vacation and then buckle down again. Which means who knows when I go back ?

KNOCK EM DEAD , The smell of gunpowder is like adrenaline to a taxidermist .
Good Luck !!

What airline are you flying for 750?!?!
United and Swiss Air. I really don’t care if I’m situated in another country for 6 or 8 hrs on a layover to save money. I work as RN on all shifts of the day and I’m use to the chaos and sleeping only when dead tired. But I do care about overpaying the airlines for the same level of service that you can get with a little research. I looked at Delta it was over $2000+. I live in a Delta hub city. I’m driving to Chicago and doing park and shuttle to the airport.

Last edited:
Roan and sable are just great to hunt. Have a great trip. Look forward to your report.

Wish you the best of luck, Eric, I am leaving in two weeks for Sable and Roan too, to which I´ll add an Aoudad, and as many warthogs as possible :D

Best of luck to you and that's one heck of a deal on airfare!!

I’m excited about hunting that part of Limpopo especially for warthogs. But hunting sable is great and I have never taken a roan. It will be great to see a new sponsor to AH and see the animal quality. Expect a lot of pictures! I will not hesitate on the first nice warthog I see! I really want to look over the sable and roan before I make a decision but if something pops up that is eye popping, we’ll...boom. I actually thought of going there just for the warthog hunting before this offer came up.

Have a fantastic hunt E.

Hope you get that elusive warthog!

Best of luck to you and that's one heck of a deal on airfare!!

Thank you I can’t even drive out to Wyoming and back to Wisconsin in my truck for what Im paying in airfare. Not that I want to my truck needs some work on it to drive safely.

Safe travels and may your bullets fly true!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg