SOUTH AFRICA: Kuvhima Safaris Well Worth The Risk

Divernhunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life member NRA and NAHC Escalon Sportsmans club, Manteca sportsman club and Coalinga Rifle Club. Member of SCI
Hunted
USA, RSA
Hats off to the outfitter. Well maybe not about the wasps---I am allergic to them :)

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Thanks for the hunt report. Good BW's. Congrats. Looks like you had a great trip. Bruce

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Kuvhima Safaris runs a top notch operation, a lot of my friends have hunted with them and nobody ever says they had a bad time. They are great with communication and they have excellent trophies.

ScottG

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Glad to hear. We have seen some negative reports on auction hunts. This helps restore faith. Sounds like a great adventure. Congratulations.

Bruinmaster

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,NRA,RMEF
Hunted
United States, Canada, South Africa x4
Thanks folks,

I will try and get s photo from my PH of the Python to post because unfortunately we did not have our camera with us when they caught it.

I also apologize for the poor quality pictures that are posted. Sadly come to find out the camera we were using for our photos was set to the wrong setting and only took the lowest resolution photos which is why our trophy photos are not that clear. Very sad as we now can not enlarge them for framing due to the resolution setting being so low. The pictures looked fine in the camera viewfinder but upon loading them into the computer back home we discovered that we made this costly mistake. A sad lesson learned on this trip We are definitely going to become more photo equipment savvy before our next trip.

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Congrats!!!

Great trophies and I love the pig.

I've said it before, but I still wonder if there are truly more problems on auction hunts, or if people are just more willing to point out the issues when they can point to the auction and instead of the direct choice they made.

Glad you pointed out this was an auction hunt!

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Congrats for the great experience and nice trophies, not everybody has the opportunity to see a black mamba and a python on their first safari !

Thanks for sharing.

Bruinmaster

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,NRA,RMEF
Hunted
United States, Canada, South Africa x4
For those of you who wanted to see pics of the snakes well here you go!
image.jpg
This is a photo of the black Mamba that our PH killed. The pic was taken beside a ten foot high fence to show the size of the snake. Another client and PH killed another large mamba while we were in camp as well.

These pics are of the Python that was also caught and released while we were there. A face only a mother could love.......I meant the snake
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upton O. Good

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.beingkarl.wordpress.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life member, Nature Conservancy, Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, United States, Louisiana
Congrats on a challenging, scarey and fun safaris!

Stocky

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.stockysstocks.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor NRA, African Safari Club, SCI Life Member, SCI South Florida, NSSF
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique
Very nice! Congratulations on your fine trophies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SiobhanSau

Latest profile posts

pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?