SOUTH AFRICA: Kudu Heaven

pennsport

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
For one thing or another this report has been a long time in coming. Wik, my apology. Hunted with @Game 4 Africa Safaris and the Coetzee Family last September 2016. Actually it was a hunt that I purchased on this site in 2015 of a 10 day Kudu hunt. As many Kudu as your budget allows. Ended up taking 7 trophy bulls. I've been on hunts where it was a struggle to find 1 trophy bull (Zim and Namibia) for one reason or another. This concession is purely Kudu heaven. There were days where no Kudu were taken, but then there were days that were like Kudu Christmas. One evening we actually witnessed a Kudu migration similar to Caribou. Simply sat and watched it take place through the binos. Maybe 40-50, 2/3 being bulls. For those of you that have the Kudu fetish like I have, this is the place. And their trophy fees allow you to do so. Their properties are huge and terrain is a paradise for Kudu. There were days where old fashion Pennsylvania deer drives were utilized to get them out of the thick cover. Imagine 17 Trophy bulls running downhill straight at you. Never seen anything like it. And these bulls didn't get this big by being stupid. They know where they were safe. The Coetzee's don't advertised it as much as they should in regards to the size of their Nyala and Waterbuck bulls. I could not believe the size of them and I did take an Nyala bull of which I will probably never do better. Also took, Impala, Ostrich, Baboon and Zebra. The accommodations and staff are first class. The family owns a butcher shop in Grahamstown and it was hard getting used to the fresh Ribeye, Porterhouse and T-bones along with the fresh catch of the day right off the docks. But to put this into perspective. Imagine an Outfitter in the Western states offering an Elk hunt for as many trophy bulls as your budget allows. That's how I compare this to when I talk to fellow hunters. I know others advertise, "Best Kudu Hunting in the World". But for me it would be hard pressed to find better. This Family has the best kept secret on the Eastern Cape. And by the end of the hunt they make you feel like part of their family. You don't want to leave. I'm having a difficult time loading pictures and would ask Wik if he could post some. Again, If you're a seasoned veteran (this is my 8th), or a first timer, you can't make a better choice. I'll be going back.

Ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
For one thing or another this report has been a long time in coming. Wik, my apology. Hunted with @Game 4 Africa Safaris and the Coetzee Family last September 2016. Actually it was a hunt that I purchased on this site in 2015 of a 10 day Kudu hunt. As many Kudu as your budget allows. Ended up taking 7 trophy bulls. I've been on hunts where it was a struggle to find 1 trophy bull (Zim and Namibia) for one reason or another. This concession is purely Kudu heaven. There were days where no Kudu were taken, but then there were days that were like Kudu Christmas. One evening we actually witnessed a Kudu migration similar to Caribou. Simply sat and watched it take place through the binos. Maybe 40-50, 2/3 being bulls. For those of you that have the Kudu fetish like I have, this is the place. And their trophy fees allow you to do so. Their properties are huge and terrain is a paradise for Kudu. There were days where old fashion Pennsylvania deer drives were utilized to get them out of the thick cover. Imagine 17 Trophy bulls running downhill straight at you. Never seen anything like it. And these bulls didn't get this big by being stupid. They know where they were safe. The Coetzee's don't advertised it as much as they should in regards to the size of their Nyala and Waterbuck bulls. I could not believe the size of them and I did take an Nyala bull of which I will probably never do better. Also took, Impala, Ostrich, Baboon and Zebra. The accommodations and staff are first class. The family owns a butcher shop in Grahamstown and it was hard getting used to the fresh Ribeye, Porterhouse and T-bones along with the fresh catch of the day right off the docks. But to put this into perspective. Imagine an Outfitter in the Western states offering an Elk hunt for as many trophy bulls as your budget allows. That's how I compare this to when I talk to fellow hunters. I know others advertise, "Best Kudu Hunting in the World". But for me it would be hard pressed to find better. This Family has the best kept secret on the Eastern Cape. And by the end of the hunt they make you feel like part of their family. You don't want to leave. I'm having a difficult time loading pictures and would ask Wik if he could post some. Again, If you're a seasoned veteran (this is my 8th), or a first timer, you can't make a better choice. I'll be going back.

Ed.

Very Cool! Would love to see some of the pics

Sounds like a great hunt!

Yes, please post some pics if possible. We'd love to see them!

Waiting for pictures-that sounds like an Awsome time in the bush!!

Thanks for the report. Do share some pictures!

Waiting for your pics :A Popcorn:

Hi Guys
Thanks for the report Ed, I will have a look for the photos but it is 10pm here now. I will post more photos when I find them tomorrow on my laptop, Here is one of the kudu that Ed hunted, see below
Regards
Wik Coetzee

20160909_111016 (Large).jpg

Ed.

59 kudu strolling past. That would be absolutely something to tell your friend and grand kids.
My congratulations on the hunt. I agree that big trophy animals don't get big by making mistakes.

Congratulations on a fine hunt. I can't wait to see more pictures of the kudus you took. Again, congrats!!!

Awesome animals! That would be great to get to see so many kudu at the same time!
Congratulations on such a wonderful trip and thanks for sharing!

Sure looks like kudu heaven. Quite a variety in the curls too, very cool to see. How is Nyala population with Game4africa?

I had to look a second time to see the zebra. All the happy dog faces are in the way. :D

Enjoyed the report(y)(y)(y)

How many Kudu did you take? Looks awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!