Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NMLRA, SCI,
Hunted
East Cape, South Africa, Zimbabwe
My 2018 hunt with Kubusi Safaris, Tuskers Lodge, Grahamstown, South Africa hunt photos. PH Piet, Tracker Lloyd.

It was another excellent hunt with a lot of greast stories stories and what could be a record book impala and a black wildebeest that "technically" charged at us after being shot.

The black wildebeest started straight to us then veered to our left passing by my PH Piet and myself paralleling and passing by us at 15 to 20 yds. He filled my scope not allowing an immediate follow up shot until he had passed by us. After 3 additional follow up shots (weather or not 3rd and 4th were required) the black wildebeest was down.

This bush buck was a cliff to cliff shot, 144 yards, 140(+) degree down angle, 1 shot, 40(+/-) run and drop.

My PH Piet, our tracker Lloyd, the farm tracker, and I were standing less than 3 feet from the edge of a 300+ foot sheer cliff when I made the the shot. After a 30 min drive down and around and walk up the dried river bed, Lloyd saw the downed bush buck about 25 yes up the mountain side.

Other animals hunted include a white blesbuck, black springbuck, blue wildebeest. All these animals are quality animals and all hunts were exciting.

Only thing missing, same as 2017 safaris, is having videos to share. Especially when an encounter with a female warthog with 7 piglets at only feet away from us occured.

_DSC0015.JPG
_DSC0226.JPG
_DSC0248.JPG
_DSC0279.JPG
_DSC0040.JPG
_DSC0020.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats and thanks for sharing!

All fine trophies, but...the horns on that amazing impala almost touch at the base! Unbelievable! Thanks for sharing some great trophies!

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your hunt.

Congrats on your hunt, nice trophies !

Congrats, went there last may and had the time of our lives. Nice people.

Thanks for the comments.

Forgot to mention:
As you look at the impala, if you enlarge the photo, notice the horn rings go to the bases/ to the "scalp" line.

Congrats, nice trophies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maximo5631

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,