Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DU SCI NRA
Hunted
Namibia 2009/East Cape 2016/NW province 2019
I just had the hunt of my life with KMG!! 7 full days on the ground was more than enough for Marius to get this guy in front of everything on his list,of course with a few bumps and laughs along the way. I started by e-mailing KMG in July 2015 and soon the trip was on. Anyone who has hunted with KMG can tell you between Kim and Marius Goosen communication is excellent and all concerns and questions will be dealt with quickly.
My hunt started with the typical long travel from Seattle to Port Elizabeth anyone who needs a recap of that must be a glutton for punishment!! I can tell you this July 2015 to May 23 2016 is a long stretch with the type of anticipation I was carrying. Funny when I checked my rifle in Sea Tac with Delta it was with an employee who had never checked a rifle before but she did great. I better also throw Henry @riflepermits.com a much appreciated Mahalo.After meeting Marius at PE it was off to Mpunzi. A little stop for diesel,pick up Lloyd and a stop for juice and a meat pie we were off. Had to race the darkness to get a few round through the Tikka a few adjustments and all was well. I shot shot my Tikka T3 hunter in 30-06 with 165 NAB's this trip. After a great dinner it was off to bed for some fitful sleep as I was informed we were after Kudu in the morning. After a trip to Namibia in 09 and no Kudu taken you can only imagine how I'm feeling at this point.Up at 6 for a little breakfast and we were off. Not long after starting off on foot from the Toyota we jump an unseen animal in the bush yes Im excited.After a bit of paralleling a valley glassing for kudu we spotted some cows and the next thing you know a bull is in sight. After some glassing Marius explained he was not a first day first morning bull so off we go. A little later a few warthogs walk out behind us and as I thought they might spook Marius the pig whisperer did some magic and they walked back within five yards now that my friends was cool !! We spent a little while looking a bit and then off to the lodge for lunch and a little rugby on the TV. I found one thing out these gents like there rugby like I like football!! It was decided Louw would come with us this afternoon,how lucky am I 2 great PH's!! We went to a spot where we could overlook a valley and a small Kudu bull walks by. Before you know it Louw informs Marius he sees a bushbuck so off we go. Now here is this guy from western washington in shorts down the hill and up the hill trying to keep up with 2 professional hunters who are half cat half goat one thing to say I tried. Once we reached the spot where Louw had spotted the bushbuck Marius put me on the sticks in anticipation. The next thing you know the Ram is in front of me Marius says he is a shooter and down goes the first animal of my 2016 return to Africa,the hardest trophy on my list on the first day!! I can only tell you wow what a day and more to come.....

100_1890.JPG
100_1873.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great start!

Marius always seems to find great bushbuck. Every time.

I like that bushbuck sir. Congrats!

Nice and thanks for sharing!

Damn good start!

Now here is this guy from western washington in shorts down the hill and up the hill trying to keep up with 2 professional hunters who are half cat half goat one thing to say I tried. O

Certainly puts the pressure on! Good for you in getting your bushbuck (y)

Congratulations. Looking forward to hearing more about the hunt.

Great first day bushbuck!! Congratulations!

I'm going with KMG next year, and bushbuck is on the list...keep the updates coming!

Very nice bushbuck that many would love a chance to hunt. Great way to start your safari. Congrats. Bruce

Hey there from across the Sound and north a bit! That is a dandy bushbuck, look forward to the rest. Scott in LaConner.

First day bushbuck! Wow hell of a start. Your making a lot of guys here who have not taken one jealous. Including me..;)

Great Bushbuck! By the way, It was great meeting and talking to you before and on the return flights to South Africa, looking forward to more on your hunt.
John

That ain't fair, I'm all alone in KSA on Fathers Day and you hit me with that? Nice bushbuck by the way, congrats!
Marius and I discussed your bushbuck luck.. Thats why they call it hunting and not killing!! Happy Fathers Day

Great Bushbuck! By the way, It was great meeting and talking to you before and on the return flights to South Africa, looking forward to more on your hunt.
John
John it was a pleasure meeting and talking hunting hoping you put a report up on the Zebra hunt. Hope to see a pic of that beautiful Ibex as well.
Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,