Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA (Life), EX Member Safari Club Intl
Hunted
USA (Michigan, Colorado, Wyoming, Iowa, Nebraska), Namibia, Texas (Ya'll do realize Texas is a country right) and R.S.A.
Terminator, your generosity in the situation is laudable.

It looks like SAPS (free) is more reliable and available than the service you paid for. What does that say?

Next time fill the form out yourself and give the SAPS $150. :)

If I was going to fill it out myself I would spend the $150 on dinner & wine! :)

Really it isn't hard but it was more a matter of knowing that when I landed I would just want to get to the guest house as fast as possible so I spent the money so that after 27 hours of being in-transit we could breeze through customs and zip through the SAPS process and get to the guest house.

Plus it was my first time in R.S.A. since that form was in place (last time I was through JoBurg was 2000) so I figured I would pay once, then I would know the drill (like where the SAPS office was and what all I needed and what to put in the boxes of the form and what documents I needed) for the next time and have the benefit of getting to the Guest House ASAP this time.

Instead it was a Cluster F*#K with the rifle permit and the Guest House pickup not being there and it took longer than it should have so I was pretty grumpy at the time. I was glad I wasn't the one dealing with ME about then! :)

Now that I know how it works I will probably get get all the documents and pre-fill out the form before I leave and just sign/finish it when I get there. Luckily for me, I plan for the worst case and had copies of all the documents I had sent prior in order to get the pre-done rifle permit so I had everything I needed even though I was supposed to have a permit waiting for me....I know a guy named "Murphy" so I was ready for him.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England

Luckily for me, I plan for the worst case and had copies of all the documents I had sent prior in order to get the pre-done rifle permit so I had everything I needed even though I was supposed to have a permit waiting for me....I know a guy named "Murphy" so I was ready for him.

Just imagine if you trusted them to do their job and you did not take all your paperwork along.
There's a nightmare.

TERMINATOR

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
USA (Michigan, Colorado, Wyoming, Iowa, Nebraska), Namibia, Texas (Ya'll do realize Texas is a country right) and R.S.A.
Just imagine if you trusted them to do their job and you did not take all your paperwork along.
There's a nightmare.

Yea, I would have been livid then...

RogerHeintzman

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI (Sioux Falls, SD) RMEF, NWTF, NRA, NTA, BCSC, SDTA, NDTA, P&Y,
Hunted
Zimbabwe, New Zealand, Canada (Ontario,British Columbia,Manitoba), USA (Colorado,Montana,Wyoming,Texas,South Dakota), Africa(Limpopo,NW Province, East Cape, Kwazulu Natal,) Namibia x3,
Terminator, it is good to hear you where refunded your monies. But it is too bad that actions don't happen till posts are made here about trust, shaddy dealings ect. You must take them up on their offer of free service next time in Africa. Hope it is soon.

svinejakt

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
OJJF
Hunted
Norway, South Africa
Thanks for a great report. Seems that you had an amazing hunt. Can`t wait to go back to Marius and KMG myself:)

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, USA, Canada
Hey Skip,
Thanks for posting the report! Have a family hunt arriving soon, so one foot is out the door again. I will try and keep an eye out on the forum!
Take care,

Marius

PS: The boars are rutting!

TERMINATOR

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Hey Skip,
Thanks for posting the report! Have a family hunt arriving soon, so one foot is out the door again. I will try and keep an eye out on the forum!
Take care,

Marius

PS: The boars are rutting!

Good luck with the hunt!

Say "Hi" to Flex for Toni and I...we got attached to the little guy! :)

Bobpuckett

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
Hunted
USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
Great report and fantastic trophies congrats on a great hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orson

Latest profile posts

RicardoT wrote on Jan007's profile.
Hallo , ek stel belang as die 375 steeds beskikbaar is 083 511 9921
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.