SOUTH AFRICA: KMG Safaris 7 Day Plains Game

Terminator, your generosity in the situation is laudable.

It looks like SAPS (free) is more reliable and available than the service you paid for. What does that say?

Next time fill the form out yourself and give the SAPS $150. :)

If I was going to fill it out myself I would spend the $150 on dinner & wine! :)

Really it isn't hard but it was more a matter of knowing that when I landed I would just want to get to the guest house as fast as possible so I spent the money so that after 27 hours of being in-transit we could breeze through customs and zip through the SAPS process and get to the guest house.

Plus it was my first time in R.S.A. since that form was in place (last time I was through JoBurg was 2000) so I figured I would pay once, then I would know the drill (like where the SAPS office was and what all I needed and what to put in the boxes of the form and what documents I needed) for the next time and have the benefit of getting to the Guest House ASAP this time.

Instead it was a Cluster F*#K with the rifle permit and the Guest House pickup not being there and it took longer than it should have so I was pretty grumpy at the time. I was glad I wasn't the one dealing with ME about then! :)

Now that I know how it works I will probably get get all the documents and pre-fill out the form before I leave and just sign/finish it when I get there. Luckily for me, I plan for the worst case and had copies of all the documents I had sent prior in order to get the pre-done rifle permit so I had everything I needed even though I was supposed to have a permit waiting for me....I know a guy named "Murphy" so I was ready for him.

Luckily for me, I plan for the worst case and had copies of all the documents I had sent prior in order to get the pre-done rifle permit so I had everything I needed even though I was supposed to have a permit waiting for me....I know a guy named "Murphy" so I was ready for him.

Just imagine if you trusted them to do their job and you did not take all your paperwork along.
There's a nightmare.

Just imagine if you trusted them to do their job and you did not take all your paperwork along.
There's a nightmare.

Yea, I would have been livid then...

Terminator, it is good to hear you where refunded your monies. But it is too bad that actions don't happen till posts are made here about trust, shaddy dealings ect. You must take them up on their offer of free service next time in Africa. Hope it is soon.

Thanks for a great report. Seems that you had an amazing hunt. Can`t wait to go back to Marius and KMG myself:)

Hey Skip,
Thanks for posting the report! Have a family hunt arriving soon, so one foot is out the door again. I will try and keep an eye out on the forum!
Take care,

Marius

PS: The boars are rutting!

Hey Skip,
Thanks for posting the report! Have a family hunt arriving soon, so one foot is out the door again. I will try and keep an eye out on the forum!
Take care,

Marius

PS: The boars are rutting!

Good luck with the hunt!

Say "Hi" to Flex for Toni and I...we got attached to the little guy! :)

Great report and fantastic trophies congrats on a great hunt.

Between the two hunts with KMG I am pretty well loaded up on Plains Game now.

Good thing because I am kind of addicted to the Buffalo now :)

But I have a few people that are begging for me to take them with me to Africa and want to kill a bunch of PG so I will probably be looking for a Sable and a Common Reedbuck and/or Waterbuck next trip.

So many animals....so little time LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg