SOUTH AFRICA: KMG Safari Family Hunt 2013

My 2013 Kudu Taken with KMG Safaris.

Attachments

• my KMG Kudu.jpg
    my KMG Kudu.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 183
More Photos

Please bear with me as I am just learning how to upload photos. This is the best I can do for now.

DSCN0428.jpg
DSCN0564.jpg
Elia's Blesbuck.jpg
Randees Impala.jpg
DSCN0460.jpg
Lighthouse.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you all had a great trip! Congrats! Marius that lion is awesome on both ends! Brian

Please bear with me as I am just learning how to upload photos. This is the best I can do for now.

Your doing a great job! Fantastic Photos!

congratulation s on a great trip there huntinggold, some nice animals with extra bonus of sharing the life changing trip with the girls .theyll not forget that any time soon
thanks for sharing your memories with us blokes .:whoo:

And one last run at the photos.
The girls in the lighthouse.
DSCN0287.jpg

DSCN0289.jpg

Elephant back safari.
DSCN0315.jpg

In the pool.
DSCN0399.jpg

Glassing for Critters with Sid.
DSCN0430.jpg

DSCN0433.jpg

Another look at my Kudu.
DSCN0452.jpg

Randee with her Impala where it was found.
DSCN0516.jpg

The family shot with the Impala.
DSCN0530.jpg

My Duiker.
DSCN0572.jpg

Thanks for the opportunity to share our trip!

We hunted bushbuck mostly in the morning hours and then in the afternoon would hunt other species. One day we decided to go after Randee's impala. The weather was marginal but we tried anyways. Things just didnt quite work out the way they should so we backed out for another try. The following day we tried again. The weather was a little better but would occassionally rain. A band of bachelor rams was found just before they entered some heavy brush. We just watched for some time and finally they started moving about again. A plan was put together that Marius and Randee would go it alone and would sneak the brush line in attempts to catch the band unaware. I stayed at the bucky and watched along with Lloyd. It wasnt all that long and they were in the area. From my vantage point I could see many of the band, while I am sure they could not. As the approached several younger males stared in the hunters direction and appeared to be getting nervous. They then moved up a little then went back to feeding. Randee and Marius were now closing the distance and I could still see eight rams together in a small opening seemingly oblivious to the hunters approach. I was over a half-mile away and watching things unfold from a distance can be very deceiving, but the hunters appeared close. Finally I saw Marius put up the sticks and could see Randee put the rifle up. I saw a ram that appeared to be the biggest and focused on him. Some of the rams appeared to be getting nervous again when I am certain I saw the impact of the bullet in the rams side. All at once the rams blew out of there and a moment later I heard the report of the rifle. Marius called for me to bring the bucky around and to bring the tracking dog. It took a little time before I arrived. When I finally made it, Marius had found good blood. The dog was turned loose and moments later the ram was found only yards away. Beautiful young lady, beautiful ram.
As it turns out, they had crept to within 30 yards of the unsuspecting rams. Impressive.
sounds almost exactly like my son, Matt's, impala hunt with Marius. we watched from a 500 yards away. took what seemed like forever, but the shot came at about 20 yards, I think. congrats.

What a great story.
The girls expressions capture the mood.
You were true to the plan, Penguins, Lighthouses, hunting and looking after your girls.

Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

Marius, good on you.

sounds almost exactly like my son, Matt's, impala hunt with Marius. we watched from a 500 yards away. took what seemed like forever, but the shot came at about 20 yards, I think. congrats.

I tried to e-mail you Jerry with a thanks for the info. It did not make it.... Thank You for your help.
Randy

Thanks for sharing your hunt with us :)
I really enjoyed reading your report and looking at the great pictures.

Nothing is better than sharing quality time with your kids. Specially when it involves hunting!:D
Some really nice animals there.
If I manage to get something like those with my bow this year, I will be very happy.
And if I get a Duiker like yours, I will be over the moon!

I tried to e-mail you Jerry with a thanks for the info. It did not make it.... Thank You for your help.
Randy

my pleasure Randy. I knew you'd like it and felt strongly your daughters would be well looked after.
My wife, Lana, and I are trying to coordinate our going possibly in 2014. The kicker is that my daughter graduates college in 2014 and I've promised to take her on any hunt she desires after she's through with college. When I made the offer I assumed she'd choose Africa in 2015, but she wants a mule deer hunt. She is saying she's afraid to fly that far and to be in another country. I'm trying to hold out for her to change her mind and the 3 of us go together in 2015. I'm going to talk with her about the penguin place you visited. She loves them. I'm also trying to convince her an African safari would be a good add-in to her college studies, a veterinary tech. So, maybe. just maybe.

Thanks for the pictures and stories! That was a nice duiker!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg