SOUTH AFRICA: KMG Hunting Safaris, The Collector's Edition 2019

Thanks one and all. Yeah he is just a cracker of a pig. I'm very fortunate. (y)

Blacks that is a truly amazing bushpig. Congratulations. I have sat for hours at night in bushpig blinds with nothing to show but hard luck stories. A full mount will be awesome. That is your trophy of the trip IMO.

Cheers mate! Yes he certainly topped off an excellent trip for me. Wasn't a long list this time, but I was after some rarer species and I certainly was lucky enough to get great examples of each. A hard working team of PH's certainly helps. I'm looking forward to getting him together already - I'll just have to find the right spot in my trophy room!

Cheers
Tim

I was with you every moment on those mountain hunts, thank you for taking the time to write up the adventure! Congratulations on three great mountain trophies!

Marius and Louw told me a few stories about those mountain hunts on my first Safari with KMG, and I just need to book a hunt before I’m too old and feeble!

I was with you every moment on those mountain hunts, thank you for taking the time to write up the adventure! Congratulations on three great mountain trophies!

Marius and Louw told me a few stories about those mountain hunts on my first Safari with KMG, and I just need to book a hunt before I’m too old and feeble!

Thank you sir. I can certainly reccommend the mountain species with KMG. It's a spectacular part of the world up there, and the guys have hunting them down to a fine art.

Not sure how I missed this but bloody good ! Cant wait to see the taxidermy

DAY 7

Our final hunting day had sadly come. With my list really fulfilled now, we decided to go back to yesterday’s property and have one last look for the elusive big Grey Ghost. Paul and Cameron had a full bag also, so they generously came with us to provide extra eyes on the hills. In a repeat of yesterday, we saw a pile of game, but not ‘the one’ we were looking for. But I couldn’t care less really, I was still over the moon with last night’s boar, to add to my bag of mountain game. I had my list and could go home a very happy hunter.

We headed back to the lodge a little earlier tonight. What an epic night it turned out to be, with the whole crew joining in the festivities. Martin broke out the guitar and provided the tunes, with yours truly even strumming out a couple of rough numbers. Needless to say, we were all a little dusty the following morning. Excuse the pic being a little blurry, so was I. So much fun! :LOL:

20190806_210051.jpg

The rest of our Aussie team had also fantastic success, covering a lot of country, hunting hard and taking some beautiful mature trophies.

Cameron, hunting with PH Paul Kruger, shot bushbuck, kudu, impala, blesbok, nyala and a stunning zebra.

John, hunting with Martin Neuper, took bushbuck, impala, kudu, springbok, a lifetime gemsbok bull, and blesbok.

Chris, with PH Nick Neuper, bagged a beautiful dark bushbuck, impala, red hartebeest, kudu, gemsbok and warthog.

And last but not least Jarrod, who hunting with Karl Krull successfully hunted a monster blesbok, impala, bushbuck, springbok, kudu, warthog, and duiker.

All in all, 29 beautiful trophies hunted over an amazing week with KMG. We took a few group photos on the last day with all of our heads. However, there’s one fundamental problem with such images. They simply don’t portray the work that went into each trophy. The miles walked, the hours spent glassing, the careful stalks, gut-busting climbs, bleeding arms and legs from the thornbush, challenging shots, and the sweat and sheer effort of the animal recovery. No, you could be excused for thinking it was a walk in the park. They also don’t show the camaraderie around camp, the side-splitting laughs, and the nights around the bar with legendary people. This is all part of what makes the experience with KMG so fantastic. If you need to have your backside kissed, have every species under the sun stocked on one property, be called Bwana and shoot stuff out of the truck, then keep shopping. But if you want to hunt hard for quality mature trophies from self-sustaining herds, be treated as an equal, be challenged by the hunt and improve your own skills, and have an absolute ball along the way, then by all means put KMG Hunting Safaris at the very top of your list. I know I’ll be back. Marius and I have a date with a big old buffalo bull. Same time next year ;)

DSCN3402.JPG

DSCN3412.JPG

I'll finish my report with a selection of the beautiful trophies taken by the group. What a fantastic experience they had for their first African Safari. Thanks again to the entire KMG team, and thanks for reading! (y)

CD Bushbuck.jpg
CD Impala.jpg
CD Red Hartebeest.jpg
CD Warthog.jpg
CH Blesbok.jpg
CH Kudu.jpg
CH Nyala.jpg
CH Zebra.jpg
JH Blesbok.jpg
JH Kudu.jpg
JH Springbok.jpg
JK Blesbok.jpg
JK Bushbuck.jpg
JK Gemsbok.jpg
JK Kudu.jpg
JK Springbok.jpg
68383171_10157279353394890_4793665131378638848_n.jpg
20190808_095756.jpg
20190806_063850.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on an amazing hunt! I love that place! Your reports brings back good memories from time there last year.

Well done on a great hunt and report Tim. Now what is it....... 355 days????

Cheers,
Mark.

Tick Tock....

Congratulations to the whole team.

Some great pics! What a great hunt your group had, some fine trophies for all! Congrats again sir(y)

Congrats on the great animals! Love the bushpig, Barbary sheep and bushpig!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanMatt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg