SOUTH AFRICA: KMG Hunting Safaris Hunt Report 2015

Great report, between your hunt and Brickburn's I've got the fever with 9 months to go til I get there.

Great Report and awesome pics. Thanks for sharing

Nice work.
It's almost like Marius knows what he is doing.

The day started out glassing for whatever the bush might provide. A duiker was spotted from the hilltop on the opposite hillside and the stalk was on. Crossing the valley and moving slowly up the opposite side we spotted the duiker and Marius moved quickly to set up the sticks.
100_0911.JPG

I raised the .308 onto the sticks and was shocked at the size of his horns. Call it buck fever or whatever you want, but my heart raced at the sight of this giant and a rushed shot resulted in a clean miss, leaving a very unhappy hunter behind. It took quite a while to walk that one off. The rest of the morning was spent stalking a huge Black Wildebeest, but my wife was unable to close the deal, as a shot blocking bush ended the stalk opportunity. A look at one of the trail cameras revealed bush pigs on the bait and a night hunt was quickly organised. I was very excited as this was my first night hunt ever. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate and the combination of rain and wind ended the hunt. Between the Black Wildebeest and the bushpig hunt an old bushbuck was spotted near the main lodge just after lunch and we quickly got in the bakkie and located the bushbuck. We crept silently towards him, and when we were close, it appeared that he was bedded down and sleeping. Just as I got my rifle up towards the sticks the bushbuck leaped from his bed. A quick pursuit on foot followed and another opportunity through the bush presented itself. Sticks went up yet again and he was down. This was my third bushbuck in the last two years. I am seriously addicted to these guys.
DSC_0352.JPG

A snapshot ending another night at KMG in South Africa!
100_0930.JPG

Way cool write up. Nice work.

....................... This was my third bushbuck in the last two years. I am seriously addicted to these guys. ..........

Those mature rams do not make life easy.
I spent plenty of time shaking like a leaf in the presence of these guys. Marius knows how to get you close.
Very nice ram.

That looks like a very nice Bushbuck. Congrats on getting him. Bruce

Congrats, great trophies and great pictures!

Well, that was pretty much the end of the hunting except for my wife's black wildebeest hunt which will have to wait until the mount comes back!

We headed up to Vic Falls before returning to Canada, here's a few photos ...
100_0942.JPG

100_0960.JPG

Some hippos and crocs on the Zambezi river while tiger fishing ...

100_0987.JPG

100_1019.JPG

100_1006.JPG

We also did the walk with lions ....

100_1140.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats for a great hunt !

Thank you for that report of a wonderful trip!

Well, we have just arrived back in RSA and i received a few pics of last year's trophies as they are ready to crate and ship.
Barabry sheep.JPG
Black Wildebeest.JPG
Giraffe pedestal mount.JPG

I love the fact they took the Giraffe outside and created a wild backdrop for the photo.

You'll have to put it out in your garden. Spray it with scotch guard and freak the neighbours out. :ROFLMAO:

I love the fact they took the Giraffe outside and created a wild backdrop for the photo.

You'll have to put it out in your garden. Spray it with scotch guard and freak the neighbours out. :ROFLMAO:

It would freak one of the neighbours out, the other would probably go running for his rifle whilst telling his wife "you're never going to beleive what is in the neighbour's backyard"

That giraffe mount is pretty darn cool!

Got a chance to see your giraffe when we were over there and it looked great. Good luck adding more to the collection!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg