SOUTH AFRICA: Kingsview Safaris Eastern Cape South Africa

EWK

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
During May of 2019 I had the opportunity to hunt with PH Jono McHugh, owner and operator of Kingsview Safaris, in Eastern Cape, South Africa. This was my first hunting safari to South Africa. I had hunted in Namibia previously. I had a tremendous experience. Jono is a top rate PH and runs a great operation. Jono's knowledge of the bush and animals and his professionalism made the entire trip a complete pleasure. We hunted for eight days at multiple different properties.

Jono hunts hard everyday and we conducted stalks daily. We saw and stalked animals everyday. Being a life long hunter and having hunted in Namibia I was not completely new to hunting African game. Having said that, I learned so much by watching and listening to Jono during the eight days we hunted. The hunting was very challenging with many shots being in mid to long range. Jono's experience consistently put us within range of trophy animals. During the eight days we harvested 11 different species and most importantly we harvested every animal we hit - we had no lost animals. I credit Jono with the success by getting me in a great location to shoot. We took great trophies to include Kudu, Bushbuck, Waterbuck, Nyala, Impala, Red Hartebeeast, Steenbok, Duiker, Springbok, Warthog, and Baboon. Each hunt was an experience in itself. All were mature animals who represented their species. The Kudu and Nyala were absolute monsters. Although the Steenbok is small and often overlooked as a trophy animal, it is not an easy animal to harvest. Harvesting a great trophy Steenbok speaks volumes on Jono's ability as a PH and his skill to get hunters on animals.

I highly recommend Kingsview Safaris and PH Jono McHugh to anyone looking for a great hunting experience in South Africa. I apologize for not having photos - I just joined Africa Hunting. I will add some as I figure it out. Check out Kingsview Safaris on Facebook.

IMG_2279.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the hunt and thanks for sharing all the pics!!

Glad you enjoyed your time in the Eastern Cape.

Congratulations.

Congrats, thanks for sharing your report and pictures.

Sounds like a great hunt. That nyala is a true trophy.

Thank you. We got the Nyala on day seven of a eight day hunt. We saw a number of them and conducted numerous stalks but had no luck until this one. I am getting a shoulder mount done and will proudly display it for years to come.

I missed one, so this will be the last of my trophy pics.

GSYG7867.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg