MPN

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand
At the outset, my goal was to find an outfitter who would provide me with the following:

1- A great South African hunting experience, with the opportunity to take a good representative of each species I wanted to target.
2- The opportunity to see and visit some of the different areas in the Eastern Cape.
3-My wife is a city girl 100% and requires the finer things in life if you will….accommodations would need to be modern. She would also need someone to cater to her needs while I was away hunting.

My research, much of it here on AH, led me to Jono and Justine with Kingsview Safaris…….and they delivered!

My wife and I both had a very enjoyable time and have nothing but good things to say about our adventure.

I will file a more formal report soon and add a few pics….

IMG_1451.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you guys had a good time.
Look forward to the report.

I second that Mike. Jono and Justine were fine hosts always concerned with our comfort and needs. I checked out several concessions and was very satisfied to see the amount of game and trophy quality. Look forward to your report and pictures.

Looking forward to your hunt report and lots of pictures!

Thanks for the teaser. I look forward to the full report and the pics.

Mike

Looking forward to the hunt report!

Looking forward to the report, I'm planning on a hunt with them as soon as possible. Would love to hear more details.

The Details….

Outfitter- Kingsview Safaris

Safari Dates- April 13-April 26

Location/Hunting- Eastern Cape, South Africa...three different concessions were hunted. Each of the three concessions were different. From the many steep canyons with dense vegetation
IMG_1536.jpg

where I was fortunate enough to take a fine Kudu
IMG_1451.jpg

and unfortunately missed a very nice Bushbuck, to the Karoo where the arid open expanses made spotting game much easier and I was able to capitalize by taking a nice Gemsbuck
IMG_1198.jpg

and Red Hartebeest
IMG_1258.JPG

The third of the concessions we hunted was Nyala ridge which falls somewhere in between the other two with regard to terrain and vegetation. Here, I was successful in harvesting a beautiful Zebra
IMG_1048.jpg

, very nice Blue Wildebeest
IMG_1096.jpg

and Impala
IMG_1182.jpg

All were unique and game rich. I utilized Jono's marlin 270 which was sufficient for one shot kills on all animals taken. Shots ranged from 40-50 yards to just over 200 yards. Stalks ranged from 20-30 minutes to over 3 hours. One needs to be in decent shape. The terrain can be very unforgiving, the Eastern cape is not the savannah. Kudu and Bushbuck love the thick stuff, so be prepared to man up if you want to stalk in close for your trophy! Bottom line, very happy hunter!

Excursions outside of hunting-Jono and Justine took the information we provided(our requests) and developed a great itinerary which allowed me to hunt hard for a few days, then take some time to enjoy the sights and experience what the area had to offer near each concession. ie...Addo
IMG_1015.jpg

is a must and we also enjoyed the Plettenburg game reserve
IMG_1419.jpg
We took in a bit of the Garden Route and stayed a couple nights in the Tsitsikamma area
IMG_1349.jpg
A great place tucked between the mountains and the Indian Ocean. Jeffreys bay is a small beach town with decent shopping, at least one great restaurant and beautiful beaches
IMG_1550.jpg
While Hunting, my wife was busy shopping, hiking or relaxing at the SPA. Bottom line, very happy wife! She had a wonderful time, Justine took good care of her.

Accommodations/Food- From J-Bay Zebra lodge to Nyala ridge to Zandibela... all three concessions passed the Patti (wife) test. This is no easy task as she can be quite particular about both the room and board. All were very comfortable with everything we needed. We both enjoy trying new foods, and very much enjoyed among other things, the Bobotie and Mulva pudding Justine prepared. Ostrich is something you have to try, truly delicious and the brai is always good eats. We also enjoyed t-loin's from the Zebra, Blue Wildebeest, Gemsbuck and Red Hartebeest I harvested. All were absolutely delicious. Bottom line, room and board were both spot on. Very happy couple!

Jono and Justine provided us with a very memorable experience and the bonus for me was that my non-hunting wife enjoyed the adventure at least as much, if not more, than i did...…and I loved it!

Love the Zebra. Hard to find one with so little shadow stripe.

Glad you enjoyed the hunt.

Reactions: MPN
Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Looking forward to the report, I'm planning on a hunt with them as soon as possible. Would love to hear more details.
Glad to see your still interested ...

Excellent Mike. Great animals.

Congrats for a great hunt !

am taking my wife and kids with Kingsview safaris in july, can't wait, looks like you had a great time - congrats, did you see many waterbuck,nyala, and bushbuck???

Very nice trophies!!! Very good quality. You are making me excited for my trip to the Karoo in August.

am taking my wife and kids with Kingsview safaris in july, can't wait, looks like you had a great time - congrats, did you see many waterbuck,nyala, and bushbuck???
I just returned from a mini safari with Jono just last week. My thread was called my one day safari, as it was more of a holiday with the wife. In a day and a half of hunting I took Nyala and red lechwe, I saw lots of Nyala and waterbuck unfortunately the waterbuck gave us the slip, I did not see bushbuck not because they weren't there just needed more time. You'll have a blast.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Looks like you both had good hunts! Congrats!

Nothing like having some fun in the Eastern Cape.

Congrats. Nice to see happy hunters and spouses.

Marvelous story(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg