Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
I'm down to one month and one week to my final safari for awhile. Going up to the Limpopo Province to hunt for honey badger, civet cat, serval, genet, bushpig, red duiker, sharps grysbok, brown hyena, steenbok and common duiker.
Hopefully it's successful hunt with many memories to last a long time.... I don't know at this point if or when I'll be able to hunt again. Life takes many twists in the road, never say never.

bushpig.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you have a fantastic trip E.

That's an interesting species list - some tough hunts in there. Little bit of an unusual hunt, but sounds interesting - how many days do you have planned and what rifles do you plan on using/taking?

Have a great hunt E.

I'm down to one month and one week to my final safari for awhile. Going up to the Limpopo Province to hunt for honey badger, civet cat, serval, genet, bushpig, red duiker, sharps grysbok, brown hyena, steenbok and common duiker.
Hopefully it's successful hunt with many memories to last a long time.... I don't know at this point if or when I'll be able to hunt again. Life takes many twists in the road, never say never.

This is a good list of trophies. Hope you get every single one and have all the best memories of the hunt.
Charlie

Have a great time! sounds like you are hunting day and night!I agree, none of us know when our "last" hunt is, good luck!

Wish you the very best of luck Eric :D Cheers:

Some very interesting animals in your list.

Best of luck, hopefully the hunting gods smile on you! And you are absolutely right...never say never! Give them hell!

Neat list. Sounds like fun. Are you bringing your own rifle?

That's an interesting species list - some tough hunts in there. Little bit of an unusual hunt, but sounds interesting - how many days do you have planned and what rifles do you plan on using/taking?

I'm hunting for 10 days. I think I'll bring my 7mm Rem Mag and just use 160 gr. Swift A frame. I'm not worried about blowing the animals to pieces.

The serval believe it not is the holy grail this trip. If I get one I would be SUPER HAPPY.

Life changes as we go along the journey :A Clapping:. I'm thinking of buying a house again, getting married and having a kid. If I put those wheels in motion, it will be hard to pay for hunting. It's all good I have had a good run. Regrets are a few, hunting wise but overall I'm satisfied. Overall I would have hunted the Big 5 right away over 15 years ago. Starting with a leopard.:A Yeah:

Hey Eric. Great to hear about your upcoming safari. I enjoy your reports and have wished to be there with you a couple of times. Sounds like you are contemplating some major changes in your life. I hope it works out to to be the best it can be. Your life changes may not make it easy to go to Africa, but certainly not impossible. Just make sure and set up a "hunting account" and add to it every payday. Sooner or later you'll make it again. Africa gets that hold on you and you just have to go....
Best of luck on this hunt. Some very interesting critters on your list. Should be rather interesting I'd say. Looking forward to hearing how your hunt goes. Bruce

One of the reasons I went in to nursing was to hopefully find someone to spend the rest of my life with every day. I think I have finally sound someone special. Hence the wheels of change are in motion. I have to find a house to fit my mounts in or be able to alter the property or house to fit all of my mounts...which is quite the dilemma. I like to do all the work myself or find someone that does good work for decent wages. A lot of work ahead, considering I work too much at the hospital already.

Good luck with the hunt and enjoy!

Red Duiker are my nemesis! I hope you get a good one!

Would love to see pics of the Red Duiker and Sharps when you get them!

Good luck Eric .
I believe you to be a wise man Eric .
This will not be your last hunt .

Good luck with the hunt and enjoy!

Red Duiker are my nemesis! I hope you get a good one!

Would love to see pics of the Red Duiker and Sharps when you get them!

I had very good success last year on the small antelope, so lets hope the dice roll 7's and 11's.

Some trail camera pictures

africa june.JPG
civet 2017.JPG
Africa pict. 6-12-17.JPG

Best of luck! Nice to get some pics like that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross