SOUTH AFRICA: Ka Maoto Safaris

Kellyg

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello all,

I've been a member for quite some time but haven't been around much lately due to life. ;) I wanted to make folks aware of a circumstance where I sent a deposit to Louis Loots of Ka Maoto Safari last year for a hunt in June of this year. I found out some things about the operation and did not want to go on the hunt and requested my deposit be returned. There was no contract and no mention of the deposit being non-refundable, indeed, Mr. Loots immediately said he'd return it, no problem. That was November and he gave a lot of excuses and in the end, blocked me from his website and doesn't respond to my attempts to contact him. Just my experience with this particular operation and I highly recommend not doing business with him. Many people have contacted me with similar stories.

Best to all of ya'll!!

Kelly

Sorry to hear.

Sorry to hear that, please keep us informed.

Thanks ya'll! I've always tried hunting new concessions on my trips to experience more of South Africa and in this case I didn't perform enough due diligence in advance. I just want to prevent anyone else from making the same mistake. Good hunting!

Thanks for posting a heads up. Raises a question to me, though.....are deposits usually refundable? Never thought too much about it. I went to the website of Ka Moato Safaris and their page says "once your deposit has been received....the hunt is considered locked in." Since you gave them ample notice, I hope you get at least some of the money back........................FWB

In general the deposit seems to be non refundable...check the T&C's carefully BEFORE sending the deposit. I lost a $5000 deposit from a reputable operator in Zim due to not reading the fine print.
Shit happens when you're not careful...

There was no contract and no mention of the deposit being non-refundable,

That's why there are contracts or remuneration agreements in writing between between outfitters and clients BEFORE money is paid over...

If you pay money over without anything in writing well.....

Hello all,

I've been a member for quite some time but haven't been around much lately due to life. ;) I wanted to make folks aware of a circumstance where I sent a deposit to Louis Loots of Ka Maoto Safari last year for a hunt in June of this year. I found out some things about the operation and did not want to go on the hunt and requested my deposit be returned. There was no contract and no mention of the deposit being non-refundable, indeed, Mr. Loots immediately said he'd return it, no problem. That was November and he gave a lot of excuses and in the end, blocked me from his website and doesn't respond to my attempts to contact him. Just my experience with this particular operation and I highly recommend not doing business with him. Many people have contacted me with similar stories.

Best to all of ya'll!!

Kelly
Is that not what a deposit is for? To hold your place if you don’t show he can still make a little money? Anytime I have ever paid a deposit to anywhere I knew it was gone when it left my account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VEXCatheri

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!