South Africa ISIS Travel warning

Say what you want about no need to worry, someone picked up something for the UK and USA to issue warnings.

I asked in a thread a bit ago about the safety of traveling to South Africa. I was reassured that things would be safe despite any internal goings on, and now this pops up! Well fortunately for me I only have so much time to devote to worrying about various things and with that thread I decided I just wouldn't worry about it. This falls under that! It will never be a perfect world (at least not while Japan has soo many flavors of kit-kat bar and us here in America only have 2-3, it's a travesty really :cry:) so why worry overmuch about the imperfections. I'm going to go, and I'm sure I'll have the time of my life! I'm also in agreement with some folks on here that the low-population hunting areas will not be the target, and if it is then they will find out all about "hunter hunted" scenarios. For what it's worth when I did my tour in the sandbox they were fairly horrible shots anyway ;).

I asked in a thread a bit ago about the safety of traveling to South Africa. I was reassured that things would be safe despite any internal goings on, and now this pops up! Well fortunately for me I only have so much time to devote to worrying about various things and with that thread I decided I just wouldn't worry about it. This falls under that! It will never be a perfect world (at least not while Japan has soo many flavors of kit-kat bar and us here in America only have 2-3, it's a travesty really :cry:) so why worry overmuch about the imperfections. I'm going to go, and I'm sure I'll have the time of my life! I'm also in agreement with some folks on here that the low-population hunting areas will not be the target, and if it is then they will find out all about "hunter hunted" scenarios. For what it's worth when I did my tour in the sandbox they were fairly horrible shots anyway ;).

Now this the spirit! Let's go hunt!

I never worry about the Rum. Really like the Red Heart Rum.

Just get me thru the airports and where I am hunting they would just be target practice looking for their 72(or whatever) virgins

I'm headed over in 6 days, not worried one bit about those sorry little bitches! I have more concern hunting in Mexico, but still doesn't stop me from hunting there. ISIS are a bunch of cowards, just like their buddies in the Taliban. Hide behind women, children, hospitals and houses of worship, bunch of pussies as far as I'm concerned! Put a trophy fee on them and I'd sell everything I own to go hunt.
I wish Reagan was still the president, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Killing them basturds would have been his main goal in life instead we have their homeboy sitting in the whitehouse! Makes me sick that our country is laughed at instead of respected like we once were.
Sorry for the rant,
Cody
You are right on Cody just

I'm headed over in 6 days, not worried one bit about those sorry little bitches! I have more concern hunting in Mexico, but still doesn't stop me from hunting there. ISIS are a bunch of cowards, just like their buddies in the Taliban. Hide behind women, children, hospitals and houses of worship, bunch of pussies as far as I'm concerned! Put a trophy fee on them and I'd sell everything I own to go hunt.
I wish Reagan was still the president, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Killing them basturds would have been his main goal in life instead we have their homeboy sitting in the whitehouse! Makes me sick that our country is laughed at instead of respected like we once were.
Sorry for the rant,
Cody

Cody,

Get a shirt made saying..... "You kill me, I'm plowing thru your virgins!!!!"

It said at the end of the UK warning to "be vigilant at this time". This is false and misleading info. We need to be vigilant at ALL times wherever we are, at HOME or ABROAD. When you look at the State Dept warnings for various places, they often say to not go out and wander around at night or it might be dangerous. No, really?!?! Well that applies to any big city in America now, probably always did, but I believe it to be worse now than ever, witness what goes on in some of our bigger cities, especially Chicago where they have about 40 murders a month or some such. Honestly, in Seattle the nearest "big city" to me and where I was born, they barely have that many murders every year! Be in condition RED at all times. A few try to maintain condition yellow, but most Americans are in condition white which means head completely buried in their own posterior, as far as it will go!

The same travel warnings exist for just about everywhere in the world right now, to include the USA. IS issued instructions to all of their various followers and affiliates to carry out attacks due to the start of Ramadan. Also, the chances of IS coming onto the concession you're hunting, where everyone is armed, in the middle of nowhere, away from major cities is pretty darn low.

I'm not planning on crawling into an underground bunker, derailing my entire life because bad people exist in this world. I'm headed over in less than three weeks and can't wait.

By the way, here's links to travel warnings for europe and the entire world.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/europe-travel-alert.html
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/worldwide-caution.html

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears." -Les Brown

Cody
In this Valley ISIS and the Taliban need to be scared of us!
Come and have fun, this will probably the safest place to be!
Beans

I just went checked the Al Jazeera forum....

There is indeed a public service announcement over there warning all ISIS and Taliban members to stay indoors and away from the windows over the next couple of weeks, with heightened alerts to be expected during the evenings when @Tootabi Valley Safaris and @Bullthrower338 are likely to be drinking.... :E Frightened: :E Horrified:

There was a further suggestion that all goats and sheep be hidden, but I think that warning is just because of Cody.... :Cow: :K Flowers:

Royal,
I went to TAG Safari the other day to get some new cloths for the trip. They didn't have anything that looked natural so I am just gonna wear this: I should be able to sneak up on anything wearing this clever disguise!
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that's a quality disguise @Bullthrower338! You're going to make those IS guys jealous!

That is a great disguise Cody. I never would have known you were that sheep! :love:

LMAO, way to hijack a thread Royal, bringing up sheep and all!

Rinehart, my secret weapon is the bacon I'm packing, if I can't take my 1911, bacon is prolly the next best thing in this situation!

Cody, awesome disguise. Be sure to have it on when you arrive in SA. Getting trough the airports should be a breeze!

Loaded up some ISIS rounds for my 505 Gibbs, they oughta work. Swift just released them.
image.jpeg

Yeah..this won't help me travel without the wife worrying more than she already is. Me and my 12 year old son are heading out July 6th to South Africa.
Yup. Same here. Headed out in August with my 17 year old daughter.

Not sure what scares them more.... The .505 or the pork chop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg