Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe
Hello, I'm a new member but have been active on another African hunting website for over 12 years. Have made two safaris to Africa--to South Africa in 1996 and Zimbabwe in 2002.

My wife & I are planning a combination hunting safari/sightseeing trip in 2013. I have contacted a number of operators and the best proposal so far has come from an outfit called East Cape Safaris, owned by Grant Abrahamson.

Does anyone have personal knowledge of this safari operation? I would really appreciate any comments, positive or negative.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nitro,
Welcome over from the dark side of the force. :)

Sorry, I can't help with specific direct knowledge on that outfitter.

Koedoeberg has an offer on AH this is something, have a look.

Do ask Marius at KMG a email or PM.

Welcom to the forum. Hope to see some pics. I will second what Brickburn says about the offer from Koedoeberg, almost like it was meant for you. I can vouch for Koedoeberg, hunted with Willem this past June. Do email a few others on this site, they all are great guys, and have great reports on them.Again welcome to the site, to you and your wife...

Nitro welcome to AH

Welcome to AH Nitro! I haven't hunted with East Cape Safaris but the one on the East Cape that I can give super high recommendations for is Huntershill Safaris in the beautiful Heuningklip Valley of the Eastern Cape, South Africa, is your premier hunting safari destination I hunted with them in 2010 and will be back there May/June of this year. Another Outfit that I've been looking at is Lindale Safaris out of Port Elizabeth they have some really good prices i.e. Eland & Nyala 1500-1600 US Dollar price range they are members of SCI, DSC and PHASA they don't do packages but with prices like that who needs packages you can find them on the outfitter tab at the top under South Africa.

Thanks for all the suggestions--I will look into these options.

However, I'd still like to hear from anyone who has hunted with East Cape Safaris and Grant Abrahamson.

If you wanted to go up the coast to Durban check out Lake Safaris. If you are stuck on The East Cape, there are a few from what i found looking in the outfitter section of AH. Use that function to help guide you in your safari - tourist quest.

The tourist thing is alive and well along the coast. Fishing, scuba diving, wine tours. wildlife tours and Hunting Safari's.

There are many locations to go hunting and play tourist along the coast in South Africa. Be flexible in your planning. Marius on here does a great job and he is along the coast also.

How many days are you looking to put forth on your safari-vacation? 7 - 10 - 14 days, That will play into any help members will be able to give you.

What do you want to hunt? Your Priority list would be helpful.

What tourist items do you want to see? Again what is on your list of places and things to see.

You give a blank canvas and we are guessing hit it spot on for you. are you stuck on the East Cape or will other areas have a chance to give you suggestions.

Are you looking at a Safari Package or a Pay per animal safari. Most on here opt for the Pay Per Animal Safari.

James;

Thanks for the post--you're correct; I haven't really specified what I am after, how long we'll be in RSA, etc.

The reason I didn't elaborate on our trip is because I was primarily solicting information about a specific operation--East Cape Safaris--rather than general information or recommendations.

The purpose of this trip will be primarily touring with a short hunt on the side, if possible. My wife will be visiting friends in Cape Town, and I though I would hunt for a few days while she was doing that, then we'd link up and she could get in a day or so of the safari experience before we went about doing the "tourist thing."

We will have about 14 days but that includes travel, so maybe 10 days on the ground?

I figured the proximity of the East Cape to Cape Town made it a logical location, with Addo, Mountain Zebra and some private reserves close by. Plus, I've hunted the EC before and like the terrain, species, etc.

I was planning to shoot culls mostly; in addition, I don't have a warthog or a blesbok, nor any of the small antelope, so those would be my trophy choices. I'm about out of wall space, plus I'd want to devote most of our budget to touring.

Hope this answers your questions; again, thanks for the input.

NE

Nitro Express

Cape Town try and find the forum post where members just covered and found hunting operations near Cape Town with many options.

Many suggestions on places to go and see were included (Play Tourist). The person was trying to fit in a few days hunting while attending a wedding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross