SOUTH AFRICA: Hunting With Lake Safaris

Russ Tippett

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunting with Trevor and shot this bull on the second day. Excellent free range area. We saw at least a dozen nice bulls before this one. If you are looking for a great free range Nyala and have the time, Trevor still has two more available this year. We're off for Waterbuck and Black Wildebeest tomorrow. Great trip so far!

IMG_2628.jpg
_62P7671_DxO.jpg

Attachments

• 0O8B4199_DxO.jpg
    23.4 MB · Views: 254
Last edited by a moderator:
that coloration is CRAZY good !!!

Trevor always takes some monsters every year, congrats!

Very nice trophy Nyala.

Congrats!

If I do shoot a Nyala, it will Def be a free range bull.

I would kike to see the animals I shoot stand up when they are dead. Makes for a better photo.:)
Or did you mean you shot it with a camera??:)
Really that is a very nice animal

Thanks for sharing, look forward to more!

Looks great.

All the best with the rest of the hunt.

He's known for his free range Nyala. Takes some absolute monsters

I would kike to see the animals I shoot stand up when they are dead. Makes for a better photo.:)
Or did you mean you shot it with a camera??:)
Really that is a very nice animal
Sorry. That picture is of one we passed. Click the other tile for a picture of the one we took.

Here's a Bushbuck we passed and a Waterbuck and Hartebeest that we took. Amazing hunt so far. We've seen a wide variety of game in a lot of different terrain. We could not be more pleased. Our planning all began with a thread on this forum. Thank you guys for not keeping people like Trevor a secret.

Bushbuck.jpg
IMG_2628.jpg
Hart.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Nyala looks beautiful. The one you pictured at the beginning is VERY dark. More so than any I have seen. That Bushbuck pic is very nice. Thanks for sharing. Looks like Trevor is getting it done for you. Congrats and well done. Bruce

Man you are getting some great trophies!!! That waterbuck is a boss!

The one you took is much bigger than the top one. Nice trophies!

Great looking animals! Congrats!

Nice pics!!! What a waterbuck. Congrats!!!

Great animals! thanks for posting. Interested to see if you find a bushbuck big enough. How long did your PH estimate that one was that you guys passed on?

Nice trophies, look forward to more!

Great animals! thanks for posting. Interested to see if you find a bushbuck big enough. How long did your PH estimate that one was that you guys passed on?
We thought he was maybe 14.5 but young. We took a 13.5 two years back so I figured we could be selective. And no we did not find a bigger one darn it. Maybe next time. Trevor made up for it by finding the Hartebeest. He is 28+ raw. Never thought I wanted one until I saw this one.

Congrats, very good animals !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross