SOUTH AFRICA: Hunting With Africa Maximum Safaris 2015

VERY NICE ! Thank for sharing this with us. Beautiful Lioness and Sable, simply BEAUTIFUL both of them !
Incredible face on her and a great mane and downward curve on your sable.
Very successful and fulfilling safari !

Very nice trophies, that sable is stunning.

I am always aware of the the role my PH has in knowing the areas we hunt and the animals we end up taking. I am just the trigger man. I try not to blow a stalk or miss the shot. Walla is the one truly responsible for the quality of the animals.

However, they will be on my wall at some point and to friends who don't know anything about Africa I will be happily accepting accolades!

Did you have any bullets left when you were finished? That was an impressive list ... from a quantity and quality standpoint.

Tried to justify cost of tickets for wife and I. I have some Norma 350 grain solids for Elephant on my next trip. Don't tell the wife!

Looks like you had a phenomenal hunt with Walla. I just returned from my hunt with him and couldn't be happier. My list was a bit shorter but ended up with 7 trophies in 5 days including the 57.5" kudu in my avatar. We battled the heat (90s), sounds like you had upstate NY winter weather.

I saw your pics on AMAX Facebook. Outstanding trophies. Walla is the Bomb! Will only hunt with him as PH.

Day 6 we hunted a large concession for Red Hartebeest and Warthog. This area also held some very nice Impala according to Walla. While not on my list I said find me a good one and I'll shoot it. We made stalk after stalk on Red Hartebeest in the brush all day. We got close but could not get a shot. At the end of the day we did get an Impala that was much better than the one I took in Zim.View attachment 47445

Ridge Top I hope to get an impala as nice as yours on this next trip!

Thanks! I had more misses on Impala than on ell the other animals combined.

Great list of trophies you bagged and thanks for sharing the blow by blow. We hunted in the sweltering 90s, you hunted in the freezing 30s and below, wow what a difference a few months make! I appreciate your shooting this long list of animals as it made my blown budget look small lol. When I go back, 100% with Walla, for sure.

Got some nice looking animals there! Congrats on all the trophies. I hunted with Maximum a few years back. Great group of people!

Reactions: DCN
Going back this spring for non exportable bull elephant. Walla will be my PH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg