Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,NRA
Hunted
namibia,zambia, Zimbabwe,Botswana, South Africa
Just completed a fantastic safari with Jacques Spammer of @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS in the Kalahari. I had earlier posted a thread concerning United Airlines cancelling our flight two hours before takeoff which got us off to a bad start. But we were good to go the next day and other than immigrations in JNB things went smoothly( very long lines and only two officers working). Jacques and the Africa Sky handled our delay professionally and after a great night at the Sky with Queen and Gilbert and the crew we were off and running. I was joined by my two hunting buddies on their first trip to Africa and they had a great Plains game package Jacques put together including Kudu, gemsbok, blue wildebeest, impala and warthog.I had hunted with Jacques last year along with my nephew and another hunting buddy and we took Buffalo and a giant sable and several wonderful plains game. On that trip Jacques and I discussed the possibility of me doing a male lion hunt which we eventually agreed to and was my challenge for this hunt.
Jacques and his new PH Riaan are a joy to hunt with and a lot of fun in camp. Our accommodations were excellent, trackers and skinners top notch, equipment top rate and quality of animals above expectations. My buddies filled their package and , like you do, added several more quality animals including black impalas and black springboks ( beautiful animals ). We picked up lion tracks on day two late in the day and the next day got on those tracks and after several hours caught up with him in some heavy cover under a shade tree. He Picked us up and became very annoyed and moved behind the cover and started growling and staring straight thru you. He crouched down and began pawing the ground and when he raised his head to charge I hit him just beiow the chin. He jumped six feet in the air and spun around and I shot again and it was over. All of this at twenty yards! The 375 did a great job.
I would strongly recommend JKO Safaris for a professionally run safari that pays attention to all the details and creates everlasting memories.

86C575B3-8E6D-495E-A236-7E32E21A5E76.jpeg
6082D59E-8997-4B8A-ADA0-941B5E1B95BB.jpeg
2F33A7A5-303B-4DE1-8BA1-DBCD12A82C70.jpeg
EC21F79B-6F66-4939-A13F-CBCC9FB488BC.jpeg
94FF6586-BF62-4C17-9199-EA2BDDBB47FD.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats and thanks for sharing!

great report- thanks !

Congrats, and thanks for sharing !

Just completed a fantastic safari with Jacques Spammer of JKO Safaris in the Kalahari. I had earlier posted a thread concerning United Airlines cancelling our flight two hours before takeoff which got us off to a bad start. But we were good to go the next day and other than immigrations in JNB things went smoothly( very long lines and only two officers working). Jacques and the Africa Sky handled our delay professionally and after a great night at the Sky with Queen and Gilbert and the crew we were off and running. I was joined by my two hunting buddies on their first trip to Africa and they had a great Plains game package Jacques put together including Kudu, gemsbok, blue wildebeest, impala and warthog.I had hunted with Jacques last year along with my nephew and another hunting buddy and we took Buffalo and a giant sable and several wonderful plains game. On that trip Jacques and I discussed the possibility of me doing a male lion hunt which we eventually agreed to and was my challenge for this hunt.
Jacques and his new PH Riaan are a joy to hunt with and a lot of fun in camp. Our accommodations were excellent, trackers and skinners top notch, equipment top rate and quality of animals above expectations. My buddies filled their package and , like you do, added several more quality animals including black impalas and black springboks ( beautiful animals ). We picked up lion tracks on day two late in the day and the next day got on those tracks and after several hours caught up with him in some heavy cover under a shade tree. He Picked us up and became very annoyed and moved behind the cover and started growling and staring straight thru you. He crouched down and began pawing the ground and when he raised his head to charge I hit him just beiow the chin. He jumped six feet in the air and spun around and I shot again and it was over. All of this at twenty yards! The 375 did a great job.
I would strongly recommend JKO Safaris for a professionally run safari that pays attention to all the details and creates everlasting memories.View attachment 489773

Congrats! Glad the trip went well after getting off to a rocky start.

Thank you Mr Pat for the report and once again it was only a pleasure having you and your friends in camp.

Appreciate the loyal support and friendship!

All my best,

Jacques

Well done, congratulations on a successful safari. Thanks for posting.

Beautiful lion and a thrilling hunt from the sound of your report, congratulations to you and your friends on some nice trophies

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg