AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, SCI Life
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Northwest & Eastern Cape), Namibia, Nevada, Newfoundland, Zambia
I realized today that I am exactly three weeks from boarding a Delta flight in Las Vegas to begin a lifelong dream of hunting in Africa. I'm excited and rushing to make sure I have everything I need before I go. I still feel a bit of trepidation for the unknowns that will be involved in this journey and what to expect when I get there. I am deeply grateful for Bob from Cruiser Safaris and all of his assistance and patience.

I lost my wife in June 2015. She was an amazing person, so much smarter than I and awesome at everything she did,....and she loved me. She was a career Air Force Intelligence Officer and did her job well enough that she made AQI's Hit List when she was in Iraq. In fairness, it's a big list. What those pathetic thugs couldn't do, Cancer did. I celebrated her 41st birthday in Giada's with her picture sitting across from me and a glass of red wine beside it. For a long time, I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything unless I could do it with her which obviously, I can't. I knew that I was going to have to change that mindset, but I wasn't sure how.

The thought of Africa popped into my mind one day during the SHOT Show and wouldn't go away. Damn the internet and all of the information that it can give! I'm a middle class guy with a decent job. I found Cruiser and decided to do it. I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. I am planning on a Kudu, Gemsbok, Blue Wildebeest and a Warthog. If those go well, I hope to take an Impala. I am taking my Forbes 24B .30-06 and using 200-grain Accubonds; although, I'm fighting the urge to change to a 180-grain Partition. I started packing my larger suitcase two weeks ago and will probably empty it a couple times just to make sure I have everything I need. The one thing I will not forget is my wife's picture. She is always with me.

I promise a full hunting report upon my return with as many pictures as this site will allow me to put up. I have been inspired by the great stories on this website and I thank all of you who have contributed.

Welcome to the forum; I am sorry for your loss, especially at a young age.

I look forward to your report. Crusier is who I'm looking at and you don't see as much about them here as you did a few years ago.

Good luck to you

Welcome to AH @Vanguard2279 and so sorry for your loss.

I hunted with Cruiser in 2014. They will take great care of you and you will have a great time!

Looking forward to the hunt report when you get back!

Hey Vanguard. Excited to get your report. I know how you're feeling right now as I take off in 2 days for the limpopo! Lots of last minute checking, packing, and re-checking. I'm sorry to hear about your wife. Sounds like you had a good marriage and that she's loved and missed. I can't even begin to imagine what you've gone through the last year and I hope this trip is just what you're needing. All the best man! I'll throw my report on here as well and look forward to reading yours!

Welcome to AH sir. You are about to experience a grand adventure. Enjoy yourself.
If you have any questions about your hunt you have come to the right place to get answers.

Enjoy your hunt and do it exactly the way you'd like. It's an adventure for sure.

Have no fear on limits regarding your picture sharing. If I have never hit it, you do not have a chance.

Looking forward to your hunt report.

Welcome to AH and you have my deepest sympathy for the passing of your wife. Hard thing to have happen. I'm sure you will have a great time with Cruiser safaris. They have a good reputation. I expect that you will get some good trophies. Last trip I used 160 gr AB's in my 7 mm. Did a GREAT job on the animals that I took. My PH was impressed. If yours shoot well them just take them and have a great time. They'll take down anything up to and including Eland. Looking forward to your report. Bruce

Best of luck! Look forward to the report!

Sorry for your loss, and wish you the best in your upcoming safari.

Sorry for your loss

You should have a great time at Cruiser
We did last October
Pieter and his staff toke great care of my wife and me. And Delmarie is a very good cook
We had such a great time that we have already booked a return trip for 2018 and plan to take I put kids and grandkids

My condolences for your loss. Welcome to AH and cant wait to hear the tale of another first timer like me!

Your gonna have a blast, good luck and hunt report please. As for the 180 grain, I used 165 grain gmx bullets on all of those animals and it did just fine. Shot placement is more important than 200 vs 180 grain. Bring what you are more confident using.

My condolences. Like many, cancer has touched my life and taken people from me at far too young an age.

Cruiser is a class act and will take care of your every need. You will have a great time. Can't wait to see your report and pics upon your return!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg