Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA, DSC, SCI
Arc Africa Hunting Safaris
Safari and Taxidermy Package

Arc Africa Hunting Safaris is pleased to offer this package to AH members. This package is for 1 x hunter and includes the Taxidermy work as stated below.

Package Details:
11 nights - 10 hunting days : $ 3080
1 x Kudu + Shoulder Mount : $2366
1 x Zebra + Flat Skin : $1350
1 x Impala + Shoulder Mount : $720
1 x Mountain Reedbuck + Shoulder Mount : $1450

Total: $ 8966.00

Please note:
  • There are only 3 packages available for the 2016 season.
  • 50% of the day fees will be required to confirm your booking.
  • Taxidermy work to be done by a reputable Taxidermist of our choice.
These hunts will be conducted in the Limpopo province of South Africa with Myself, Justin Cawood - PH and Outfitter at Arc Africa Hunting Safaris

If you have a Son or Daughter, younger than 18, who you would like to introduce to African Hunting, they will be welcome free of charge.

Offer includes:
  • Services of a Professional Hunter
  • Services of skinner, tracker and camp staff
  • Field preparation of trophies Skinning (skinning and salting)
  • Accommodation, catering, cleaning and laundry during the contracted period of the safari
  • Hunting licenses and permits (Excluding CITES and Dangerous game)
  • Use of hunting vehicle.
  • Light refreshments, Beer and Wines
  • Transport to and from OR Tambo International Airport
  • Taxidermy as mentioned above
Offer excludes:
  • Trophy fees of additional animals taken or wounded
  • Air travel, accommodation and travel charges incurred before and after the contracted period of the Safari. This includes overnight accommodation near O.R. Tambo International Airport after arriving on your international flight or prior to departure.
  • Hire of rifles and ammunition.
  • Air charter (if required).
  • Disinfection, packing, forwarding and insurance of trophies to port of exit from South Africa and the shipment of trophies from port of exit to yourself.
  • Additional Taxidermist work or charges if required (rates available on request)
  • Staff gratuities
  • Additional tours.
  • Personal insurance, Medical insurance, Travel insurance.
Additional days and Species may be added at our normal rates.

Arc pic.jpg
Arc Zebra.jpg

These photos show the work done by the taxidermist involved in this package hunt and can be used as a reference for the quality of work to be expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this. So many hunt hunt offers have dropped to 5 days hunting or less. I want more hunting time on my trips to Africa. Kinda helps you forget that long airplane trip. Hope you sell out of these. Bruce

l like this idea, adding one of the biggest cost of an African adventure , into the original package cost .
still a great price ,with the taxidermy included ......
like your style , Justin .........(y)(y)

Appreciate your comments gents!

Hopefully somebody takes advantage of these packages and we make some dreams come true.

Regards

Packages still available.

If the species listed aren't on you wish list, please contact me to discuss further.

Regards

Ok, who is doing the taxidermy?

Sounds like a nice package..........HOWEVER,

The part about "taxidermist of our choice" has me cringing......mildly.

I had a GREAT hunting experience last year in S.A.; the company I hunted with was great, had great animals, went beyond our expectations, etc. Part of the deal was that we stopped at "their" taxidermist on the way back to the airport (not sure if this is standard procedure, or how it works for P.H./hunting companies, i.e. if they 'partner' with a particular taxidermist, etc.). I wasn't going to have my trophies done in S.A.; I was going to have them done here in the states and then at the last minute I changed my mind. I looked at the mounts at the studio and was impressed....they looked good. They also said that they didn't guarantee dip/pack because certain measures were beyond their control, and that the would give a 10% discount if I paid for the work that day.......so I changed my mind and had the taxidermy done there.
11 months later I get my work back (forgot to mention that I was guaranteed a year turn around time, or it was free!), and all I can say was I was extremely disappointed....there is a large seam up the leg of my blue wildebeest, my crate was damaged (which, unfortunately, I didn't notice until after I signed for it........live and learn, I guess) and my kudu skull mount (SKULL MOUNT!!!!) had slight damaged, but more importantly had bug pupae in it......live ones!!!! Of course, when I gave them a poor review, nobody seemed to care; the shipping company did contact me madder than a wet hen, but I haven't heard anything more from them........

I would gladly hunt with my previous outfitter, but ONLY if I was guaranteed a different taxidermy service.

I guess the point I'm trying to make, without sounding like a prick, is that maybe it might be a more attractive offer if A.) the taxidermist was known in advance B.) hunters had the option of taxidermy services OR dip/pack services, or C.) Hunters had their choice of two or three different taxidermy studios.

I think partnering with a taxidermy service can be a risky business move for a safari company.......if the client is happy with the work done, then all is well.

....BUT!!! If they aren't happy about it, they are sure to tell friends, post it on the net, etc., and then the safari company becomes part of the problem (package deal and all) and while they (the P.H./safari company) may have done nothing wrong, went above and beyond, and provided an excellent trip/service, etc., they are now potentially going to suffer bad press because of some else's poor work/mistakes.

I wonder if that was a hot button!? :eek:

Sounds like a nice package..........HOWEVER,

The part about "taxidermist of our choice" has me cringing......mildly.

I think partnering with a taxidermy service can be a risky business move for a safari company.......if the client is happy with the work done, then all is well.

....BUT!!! If they aren't happy about it, they are sure to tell friends, post it on the net, etc., and then the safari company becomes part of the problem (package deal and all) and while they (the P.H./safari company) may have done nothing wrong, went above and beyond, and provided an excellent trip/service, etc., they are now potentially going to suffer bad press because of some else's poor work/mistakes.

This package has been designed to give the client an opportunity for a discount on his work and for the piece of mind of knowing the total cost for the species advertised.

Any client interested in booking one of these packages would be made aware of the company before any deposits are paid and if he/she is not happy with the chosen Taxidermy, alternate options could be provided.

I understand that this is not an ideal situation for all clients but I wouldn't offer this hunt if I wasn't confident with the reputation or work of the chosen taxidermist.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: KVS
Arc pic.jpg

Arc Zebra.jpg

These photos show the work done by the taxidermist involved in this package hunt and can be used as a reference for the quality of work to be expected.

Regards

Offer still available with a dip and ship option available for those who would prefer to do the taxidermy work at home.

Please feel free to ontact me for more information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg