SOUTH AFRICA: Hunting Report from Adansonia Safaris

His kudu was taken in 1990 in RSA. It measured 150 4/8ths. Each horn was over 63 inches but I guess that wont cut it anymore. My SCI book, ED. 8 shows #7 on your list as number one with 154.

61+ Inch Kudu

Here is my kudu taken in 2010 in Thabazimbi, SA - Great Land Safaris - PH John Henry Keyser. Being mounted now as we speak! The trophy of a lifetime!

61 Kudu.jpg

8 inches off the top on a Kudu is not that much overall. That is a monster no matter what a book says.
In my book it cuts it any day of the week.

Here is my kudu taken in 2010 in Thabazimbi, SA - Great Land Safaris - PH John Henry Keyser. Being mounted now as we speak! The trophy of a lifetime!

View attachment 8300

Sorry for hijacking the thread..
Very nice. dtarin where is your hunt report?

dtarin09,

Thats a beauty for sure! Almost perfectly symetrical. Fantastic! Kudu of a lifetime. Sigh...

Manners gentlemen. Count 10 perhaps before you respond to a thread...you may inadvertently hijack it before realising.

Messmate - I appreciate the post - can you clarify what you are talking about? Manners?

He means that we have managed to change the subject of the original focus of the thread. "Hijacking" Usually seen as a bit rude ( at best), hence my apology earlier.
So, back to my request earlier dtarin for your hunt report on your Kudu so you can have that hunt as a focus of a new discussion.
Hope that answers that..

So we got a little off topic. Still talking kudu aint we? Big deal! No disrespect to Milford.

No big deal, just and invite to talk about his hunt in another place. Keep talking Kudu. I'm in.

Gents, just didn't want to take the shine off Milfords "moment" to quick I guess. No offence.

NOt a problem guys just keep going lol

Book Record Detail

Book Record Information
Member Name: James K. Cloward
Score: 150 4/8"
Species Name: Southern Greater Kudu
Date Taken: 06-07-1990
Method of Kill: Rifle
Guide: Derek Parker
Top Ten
Date: 11-11-1992
Outfitter:
Overall Rank: 12
Form: 2
Highest Overall Rank: 1
Medallion: GOLD
Method Rank: 12
Certified: Yes
Highest Method Rank: 1

Score Sheet
Left Right Left Right
Length of Horn 63 5/8" 63 6/8"
Circumference of Horn 11 4/8" 11 5/8"

Photo(s)

Bobpuckett, Thanks for posting that info! Sure proves bigger animals are taken all the time. Clowards was number two when taken.

Bobpuckett, Thanks for posting that info! Sure proves bigger animals are taken all the time. Clowards was number two when taken.

Yep you know what that means there's bigger ones waiting there for us.

7mm with triple shocks in 180 grain

milford ~ Congrats on your successful safari, I enjoyed the photos and stories. Also glad the travel went smoothly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cazhino90

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg