SOUTH AFRICA: Hunting Limpopo Again

REMarchon

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Dear hunter fellows, back from my last season in Africa and happy to show you the pictures and histories about this splendid hunting week.

As the last time and after two good days in Joburg, me and my wife were received by the van Straten family in your hunting lodge in Limpopo for 8 days hunting. In the lodge we met Michel and Judi Davies which help and teach me a lot when we were hunting in blinds. Also when we were drinking a lot of wine or whisky in the bar. It’s help to keep the hands firm. And I appreciated their patience with my poor English.

I hunted with a .375 H&H Winchester model 70 for the big species and with 30.06 Musgrave for the little ones. All the trip was amazing. My wife and I were very happy with this incredible week and with the new friends we did.

And as a picture is better than a thousand words , voila:

A442EB29-8A51-465B-AE97-2BBE464C40DE.JPG
279797FA-D2D2-4041-A981-82C341464212.JPG
baobamenor.JPG
5D55BB41-51A8-4D2A-940E-86082D03CDF4.JPG
69C47266-7640-497B-955C-D56740C8F057.JPG

But the best surprise was coming. Just after the bushpig I shot a nice warthog in a blind. When we were preparing the pig we heard another shot coming from the other blind. Some minutes later the Land Cruiser arrived with Michael and Judi and a monster warthog. We lay the warthogs togheter and I take this picture to comparison. The piglet is mine , the Judi's monster (she shot) had tusks with 14 1/2 and 15 1/2 in. lenght!

za5.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice piggies, both kinds!

Looks like a great trip. Like the pigs.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Congratulation....Well done. I leave for Limpopo end of August.

What a fine warthog!!! Man am I jealous!

Looks like you and your wife had a great hunt. Thanks for sharing. I agree with your assessment, Judi shot a nice Warthog.

Parabéns, very nice trophies !

Awesome hunt! thanks for sharing

Those are indeed nice pigs. Congrats to you on the hunt.

What outfitter were you hunting with?

Very nice. Kind of looks like South Texas. Sounds like a great trip.

3 very nice piggys there sir. Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you