Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
South Africa Hunting Information by Province

Some valuable information regarding the hunting rules and regulations for the nine South African provinces, you should note however that this information is really more geared towards the resident hunter. Click on the links to download any of the pdf files.

South Africa Provincial Hunting Proclamations
KwaZulu-Natal Hunting Proclamations (KZN)
Mpumalanga Hunting Proclamations (MPA)
North West Hunting Proclamations (NW)
Eastern Cape Hunting Proclamations (EC)
Western Cape Hunting Proclamations (CNC)
Limpopo Hunting Proclamations (LP)
Gauteng Hunting Proclamations (GP)
Northern Cape Hunting Proclamations 1 (NC)
Northern Cape Hunting Proclamations 2 (NC)
Free State Hunting Proclamations (FS)

South Africa Protected Species List
National Environmental Management: Biodiversity Act, 2004 (Act 10 of 2004): Publication Of Lists Of Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable And Protected Species.
South Africa Protected Species List

Click on image to enlarge map to see details.

Antique hand colored map of Southern Africa by Jan Jansson, Amsterdam in 1636 called Aethiopia Inferior vel Exterior...

South Africa Hunting Licenses Information (including some info for Namibia)
Every South African hunter should ensure that he/she acts according to the hunting regulations as specified by each province. Due to the fact that there are big differences in the regulations of the nine South African provinces, it is important for every hunter to familiarize him/her with these regulations before going on a hunting trip. For this reason, the South African Hunters and Game Conservation Association (SAHGCA) decided to investigate the present situation and after numerous phone calls to nature conservation agencies, game farmers, hunters and hunting associations, managed to gather the following information. Please note that this information only applies to ordinary game for meat/biltong hunting.
Hunting Licenses Information

Last edited by a moderator:

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
This is some good information! Very helpful! I for one am going to print this information. And copy and post it my hunting file!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayKru

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nevada Mike wrote on qmrp2567's profile.
375 H&H brass...

I'd like to have them. $125 for the 100 cases, don't want the smashed ones.

I am in Sonoita, AZ

Mike
We cannot wait to share in some amazing adventures with everyone in 2023 again! Please don't hesitate to message us for a quote, customized safari or even just a chat! #HuntBaylySippel
BLJC30 wrote on Tgood1's profile.
I seen a post saying that you do taxidermy in WV. Where are you located in WV and do you have a price list?
I'm going on my first safari in June.
SteveSac wrote on mdwest's profile.
Hey There,

Im looking to book my first African Safari for 2024 for my 40th birthday. I've never hunted Africa before, but was going to head to SA with my wife for a week then see her off and then stay and hunt.

Saw your safari come up as a recommendation and wondering if you had any time to chat.
Thanks!
Steve
ofbiro wrote on Theleatherman's profile.
Hi Theleatherman, I attach two price lists, one in English, one in Italian, because several words of the language used by the agent are very difficult to understand. If you get in touch with Laszlo Keresztes (owner/manager) tell him that you got the name from Paolo Sinha, italian hunter.
Suerte!