SOUTH AFRICA: Hunting In Bedford Of The Eastern Cape With Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA

Dave0712

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
RMEF, NRA
Hunted
South Africa
Over 21/2 years ago, I booked a hunt for 3 plus a ride-a-long. After much research I chose @Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA as our Outfitter and PH. Nick also has another PH, Ben. That would guide my son and daughter-in-law. Nick himself guided me and my wife when she came along on the hunting sessions.
Upon landing at Port Elizabeth Airport, Nick was waiting to meet us and transport us to his OliveFountain Farm. Now understand this is not a high fence hunt, the only fences are sheep fence that the plains game easily go over, under, and around. So although there are areas where specific species hang out, you may bump into any other species while stalking your animal. I purchased 7 animal packages for the three of us; however, Nick also is willing to trade species or add to your animal choices. You will find his prices are excellent and better than competitive. Your housing will be at OliveFountain; a 5th generation beautiful structure with all modern conveniences. The animals I took were all trophy class and included in order of when I took them: Black Wildebeast, Gemsbuck (oryx), Impala, Nyala, Kudu, Fallow Deer, Waterbok, and Warthog. If you are at all interested in hunting South Africa, check out @Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA. I have hunted all my life with numerous sites and outfitters; however, Nick's operation far exceeds anything I have previously done. I might add I am nearly 68 years old and not in very good physical shape, but Nick took the time to make certain I was ready to shoot when our stalk got into shooting range. By the way, when you go to Nick's website, you will see a guy on a beautiful Black Sable. That is my son, Dan. Between him and his wife, they took 10 different animals.

1618579954221.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some pics from Dave’s Safari

1618579879834.jpeg
1618579927161.jpeg
1618579954221.jpeg
1618579978859.jpeg
1618580009374.jpeg
1618580039928.jpeg
1618580101979.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a great time! Thanks for sharing!

Great hunt, congrats !

Great hunt and some really nice trophies. Congrats.

Some nice looking trophies. Congrats on a great hunt. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

Congrats on some great trophies!

Congrats! Glad you had a great hunt.

Beautiful animals, Dave, congrats on a successful safari!

Reactions: cls
Congratulations to all, thanks for the report

Congratulations!! Hoping to hunt with Nick in 2023.

Thanks for the info. What rifles did you use? How long were the average shots?

Thanks for the info. What rifles did you use? How long were the average shots?
I'm on-site this week, will post a hunt report when I get home.
Camp rifles are Sako 85's in 300 Win Mag and Swarovski range finding scopes, and have suppressors (awesome, recoil is virtually nonexistent).
So far is what I've collected:
Impala-100 meters
Nyala-130 meters
Kudu-479 meters
Warthog-315 meters
All shot using Quad (Rudolph) shooting sticks. More on them later! Excellent trip so far!

Great to hear how successful and enjoyable your hunt is going. We arrived back from hunting with Nick Bowker on April 10, and can't wait to head back for another round of hunting with Nick.
I'm anxious to see pictures of your animals.
Give Blackjack and Bella a scratch for me...

Great to hear how successful and enjoyable your hunt is going. We arrived back from hunting with Nick Bowker on April 10, and can't wait to head back for another round of hunting with Nick.
I'm anxious to see pictures of your animals.
Give Blackjack and Bella a scratch for me...
Sluey? has been with me mostly. Bella and Black Jack are Eland hunting. They are great dogs!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg