Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA CSSA
Hunted
Canada, RSA
Another successful hunt at SS Pro Safaris but still no baboon( 0 for 3). Saw my first mamba run over 3 times by the outfitter just to make sure.
Against the advice of a much more experienced member I did the Mountain Reedbuck, I'm far too old for that. The Gemsbok was very old, worn tips and alone. The Hartebeest was big and fat from eating butternut squash or as the locals call them pumpkins. No boar but the bushpig was a really big sow. Baboons evaded me again but one got a rock shrapnel enema for being the laggard in the troop.

Next trip Kudu, Eland, Springbuck and damn I want a few baboons.

thumb_IMG_0117_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1764_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1776_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1785_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1801_1024 2.jpg
thumb_IMG_1801_1024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good looking trophies!

Good looking trophies!

Thanks I most appreciate the Reedbuck and Hartebeest as I worked hardest for them. The drought has forced many of the animals up the mountains for food ie the grass is greener. Downside for this flatlander (400ft) is that a 10X change in altitude and hard exercise is too tough for this senior citizen. Plains game literally from now on.

Congrats, thanks for sharing!

Glad you enjoyed your hunt. Thanks for the report.

nice mrb young bloke
sounds like you earned him
congratulations on another great trip

Reactions: lcq
Love that Bush pig! Thanks for sharing!!!

Looks like you had a good trip. Congrats. Bruce. Ps have your outfitter put out some oranges for the baboons.

Nice animals you got to hunt. All of them look old and mature and make some fine hunting I am sure.

I to want a baboon this trip and have told my self unless I am stalking a special animal already any baboon will be shot at on sight. I have passed on a few before because we were in the middle of a stalk but a few trips in now I will take a shot when chances are there.

.............. Downside for this flatlander (400ft) is that a 10X change in altitude and hard exercise is too tough for this senior citizen. Plains game literally from now on.

It is a challenge to run around at altitude. Congrats for getting it done.

nice mrb young bloke
sounds like you earned him
congratulations on another great trip

Young? Holy crap Bluey they allow you to shoot with those eyes :)

Looks like you had a good trip. Congrats. Bruce. Ps have your outfitter put out some oranges for the baboons.

Too much corn and squash for the vermin to get into for oranges to work. Took a hail Mary shot at one running away holding a squash like a football.

It is a challenge to run around at altitude. Congrats for getting it done.

even more of a challenge when your PH is 28 (less than half my age) and lives there. got to ask Scott for an older PH next time

Nice animals you got to hunt. All of them look old and mature and make some fine hunting I am sure.

I to want a baboon this trip and have told my self unless I am stalking a special animal already any baboon will be shot at on sight. I have passed on a few before because we were in the middle of a stalk but a few trips in now I will take a shot when chances are there.

I hear you. The only really good (not running) shots at Baboon were when we were stalking real game

I hear you. The only really good (not running) shots at Baboon were when we were stalking real game

they are not as dumb as one would think. I am taking the 257 bee for some long range sniping if needed for them this time. I really want one for a life size mount.

they are not as dumb as one would think. I am taking the 257 bee for some long range sniping if needed for them this time. I really want one for a life size mount.

wearing a hat and holding the casing he was whacked with would be sweet

congrats on some great trophies ICQ. Thanks for sharing.

Seems like you enjoyed your hunt, congrats for all those trophies and thanks for sharing !

I will also be trying for a #!%*^¡ baboon in about three months :LOL:

Congrats! Nice mountain reedbuck! Nice bushpig!

Glad you had a good hunt i hunted with ss pro in 2007 had a great time Scott runs a good outfit(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you