SOUTH AFRICA: Hunt With Pawprint Safaris August 2017

congrats on your beautiful trophys.the addition will be perfect ill bet when you were doing the dry wall you were thinking about what should go where nice job

Oh yes changed my mind 3 times now on how and where im gonna place my giraffe! Im even imagining where to put safari number two animals

Awesome hunt. Some really nice trophies, and even better memories. Congrats, and welcome to the addiction.

Rereading my report brings back so many memories! Two more back from jerrys taxidermy in Abbottstown pa. Prob do the half mount gemsbok and maybe the heartbeast next.

783FE88A-1B2E-48FC-895D-D20515C78EE5.jpeg
189E401D-76BA-4EEF-AF55-1D5F2140EA7D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! I really like the kudu! That mount shows just how deep their chests really are! Can’t wait to see the rest!
Jerry’s Taxidermy does a great mount!
Congratulations RBurg44!

Looking good!

RBurg44, Nice Kudu. I hunted with Paw Print and Jonathan last July. I was looking for a 55" kudu. I passed on quite a few that didn't make it. Jonathan managed to put me on a Gold Medal Eland and Nyala. Were you at Pieter's new place on the East Cape or the North West? How far was the concession where you got the Kudu from the lodge where you stayed? From your description I think I hunted the same place. We were told that there were some larger Kudu on the property but we never saw them.

We hunted at the balule bush lodge he bought in the northwest the place i took him was maybe 5mins or less down the road on a game preserve. Behind rianns dads place more or less. Only fenced in 3 sides as the mountain was open for them to come and go if they pleased. We passed on two others at that place. We saw a ton there! I shot my blue wildebeest, red heartbeast, and kudu there. Then got my zebra and jackels on rianns then next to that is where i got my gemsbok.

We hunted at the balule bush lodge he bought in the northwest the place i took him was maybe 5mins or less down the road on a game preserve. Behind rianns dads place more or less. Only fenced in 3 sides as the mountain was open for them to come and go if they pleased. We passed on two others at that place. We saw a ton there! I shot my blue wildebeest, red heartbeast, and kudu there. Then got my zebra and jackels on rianns then next to that is where i got my gemsbok.

Yep, I hunted that same place with Johnathan. I saw big BWB(s), nice Red Hartebeests and a huge Waterbuck, but I wasn't after any of them. Riann told us that he'd seen a huge Kudu (like the one you got) he just never showed for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg