SOUTH AFRICA: Hunt With Pawprint Safaris August 2017

crudeoildude

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
nra bow hunters of wyo
congrats on your beautiful trophys.the addition will be perfect ill bet when you were doing the dry wall you were thinking about what should go where nice job

RBurg44

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Oh yes changed my mind 3 times now on how and where im gonna place my giraffe! Im even imagining where to put safari number two animals

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx

Jeffrey Masters

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SA, Mexico, Lower 48, Alaska
Awesome hunt. Some really nice trophies, and even better memories. Congrats, and welcome to the addiction.

RBurg44

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Rereading my report brings back so many memories! Two more back from jerrys taxidermy in Abbottstown pa. Prob do the half mount gemsbok and maybe the heartbeast next.

783FE88A-1B2E-48FC-895D-D20515C78EE5.jpeg
189E401D-76BA-4EEF-AF55-1D5F2140EA7D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Very nice! I really like the kudu! That mount shows just how deep their chests really are! Can’t wait to see the rest!
Jerry’s Taxidermy does a great mount!
Congratulations RBurg44!

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Looking good!

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
RBurg44, Nice Kudu. I hunted with Paw Print and Jonathan last July. I was looking for a 55" kudu. I passed on quite a few that didn't make it. Jonathan managed to put me on a Gold Medal Eland and Nyala. Were you at Pieter's new place on the East Cape or the North West? How far was the concession where you got the Kudu from the lodge where you stayed? From your description I think I hunted the same place. We were told that there were some larger Kudu on the property but we never saw them.

RBurg44

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
We hunted at the balule bush lodge he bought in the northwest the place i took him was maybe 5mins or less down the road on a game preserve. Behind rianns dads place more or less. Only fenced in 3 sides as the mountain was open for them to come and go if they pleased. We passed on two others at that place. We saw a ton there! I shot my blue wildebeest, red heartbeast, and kudu there. Then got my zebra and jackels on rianns then next to that is where i got my gemsbok.

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
We hunted at the balule bush lodge he bought in the northwest the place i took him was maybe 5mins or less down the road on a game preserve. Behind rianns dads place more or less. Only fenced in 3 sides as the mountain was open for them to come and go if they pleased. We passed on two others at that place. We saw a ton there! I shot my blue wildebeest, red heartbeast, and kudu there. Then got my zebra and jackels on rianns then next to that is where i got my gemsbok.

Yep, I hunted that same place with Johnathan. I saw big BWB(s), nice Red Hartebeests and a huge Waterbuck, but I wasn't after any of them. Riann told us that he'd seen a huge Kudu (like the one you got) he just never showed for me.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangmanmaa1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh