Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, Ireland
Outfitter- Andri Fox Safaris
PH- Andri Fox
Location- East Cape, RSA
Dates 8-24-2016 to 9-1-2016

As some of you know 7 months into the planning, I had to change my safari 1 month from leaving for Africa, due to the fact I didn't have enough money for my original plans. Andri was willing to offer me a very good package for less money and once he found out it was my first trip to Africa, he was determined to make it great. Once I realized I needed to make the change I also realized I would not be able to bring anything back. That being said I told Andri I didn't want to shoot any record book animals, just the first good mature representative we came across. He did what I asked and it just happened that a couple times the first we saw was bigger than I planned and I got more than I was looking for. I bring this up because I want you all to know the trophy quality is there, and we saw some true monsters while out. Luckily I had already taken that particular animal each time we saw a monster or it was something not in the budget. I say luckily because I truly didn't want to take a monster and have to leave it there! Now on to the trip-

Day 1
After way too many hours on planes, I arrived at Port Elizabeth at 2pm. As I waited for my luggage I could see Andri patiently waiting outside the doors. Before we made it across the parking lot to his Land Cruiser, we had already "clicked" and I knew I would have a good time regardless of the results. After a bit more than an hour we arrived at his ranch and I got settled in. I met his wife Erica, also a wonderful person, who would do the cooking and take care of anything else I needed. The lodging is new construction, clean, very comfortable and even included personal WIFI. We went out to shoot since I was using one of his rifles and he gave me a newer model Winchester in .300 WSM topped with a Vortex scope. Once I proved I could shoot to his satisfaction, we headed out on his property to see if we could find a warthog. None were seen, but I did get to see close up the beautiful Black Impala he is breeding there, as well as a bunch of female kudu. We headed back for the obligatory welcoming Braai, which was fantastic. As I sat by the fire my first night, I listened to the lions on the neighboring reserve roaring. I was finally in Africa!
Africapics1 001.JPG
Africapics1 002.JPG
Africapics1 029.JPG
Africapics1 003.JPG

Day 2

I woke up shivering in the morning as I had not turned on the heat. Imagine my surprise to find it barely 40 degrees out! After bundling up and a quick breakfast, Andri said we would be going to a property nearby to try for Kudu. After picking up Michael the tracker we shortly arrived at the property. Andri said it was 12000 acres, which must be far bigger than I imagine, because after going through the gate I never saw another high fence while we were there. As we headed in we saw a Duiker just standing to the side of the road about 30yds away. Neat to see one standing still! As we drove we saw several nice Kudu bulls with some cows but they immediately took off running. Shortly we saw another bunch with the same result. Andri decided they were too spooky for some reason so we headed to another part of the property which required using the railroad bed that ran thru it. I will never forget Andri's words as we drove onto that bed. He looked at me and said " Make sure the door is unlocked and you aren't buckled" with a little chuckle and we were off! As we headed down the tracks we saw a beautiful Nyala bull, but not much else. Andri said we were going to the ridge ahead of us and get out and walk. Fine by me. We got out with his new 13 week old Jack Russell pup in tow and headed up the ridge. Shortly after cresting it we jumped a Gemsbok. Andri said he was very nice but young and we kept moving. We went about a mile to a rock out cropping and sat there for a bit glassing. There were several kudu cows a few hundred yards below us but no bulls. Finally Andri spotted a good bull at the far end of the valley and the stalk commenced. As we left the rocks we jumped a huge old waterbuck bull that had been within 100 yards of us the whole time and we didn't know it! He stopped about 60yds away and just stood there watching us. He had great horns with only a couple inches broken off one side. We continued across the valley for about 2 miles before realizing we weren't going to be able to get a clear shot. After checking several times to be sure of where he was, Andri headed down into a ravine and up the ridge on the other side. Once we got to the edge of the brush we found we were directly across from and above the bull. Forgetting I am left handed Andri positioned us for a shot off a rock I couldn't possibly shoot from. Quickly realizing the issue he desperately looked for an alternative to no avail. He didn't want to set up the sticks on the steep slope and he had ranged the bull at 287yds as well. I assured him I was good with the sticks so he set them up. I got settled in and pulled the trigger. The bull lunged ahead and Andri said it was a good shot. As we headed back into the ravine Andri said we would need to be careful as he had seen a herd of cape buffalo moving up it after I shot. Getting clear of the thick brush we relaxed and went to where the bull had been standing. No blood could be found anywhere. The pup was making circles but not getting much. Andri called Michael to bring the other dogs. As we waited we continued to look in the direction he had gone, only finding a couple tracks but still no blood. I began to worry I had actually missed, or worse that it was only a wounding shot. Andri assured me I hit it, asking if I had heard the bullet hit. I had no idea what he was talking about, but he was positive it was a good hit. Finally the older dogs got there and were on the track. Andri told me if they started barking we needed to get to them quickly to finish it off. We had just barely started when Andri looked through a bush and said the dogs had already found it! It had only gone 50yds and dropped behind a bunch of brush just past where we stopped and decided to wait for the dogs. It was a perfect heart shot, with the bullet lodged under the skin on the far shoulder. I had taken my first African animal! It was a great one to boot, Andri saying it might go gold medal (Later measured to just miss it by 1.5 inch, which didn't matter to me one bit!) Andri commented how rare it was to get a Kudu bull so quickly in a hunt, especially a good one, and I know how lucky I am, as the rest of the trip it got very hot and extremely windy, and outside of parks or reserves we never saw another good bull.
africaday1 008.JPG
africaday1 002.JPG
africaday1 024.JPG
It was amazing how Andri kept track of where the bull was the hole time, and managed to both get us up the ridge in a perfect position for a shot, as well as back through the half mile of so of thick up and down terrain to the exact spot the bull was standing when hit. Andri definitely earned his PH title! After loading the bull we headed for the meat shed and relaxed to a well earned and delicious brunch. We then headed out for a driven meat hunt which only resulted in a kudu cow and calf being jumped.
Later in the afternoon we headed out to his brothers property for Impala. This hunt went very quickly and wasn't much work, but it was still fun none the less. We had just arrived and spotted some impala off in the distance and were keeping an eye on them, looking for a good ram. After driving on a few minutes, still watching the herd, the tracker whispered something done to Andri. Turns out while we were all watching this herd, another had moved in on the other side of us and were only about 200yds away in tall brush. Luckily they hadn't seen us. Hearing the vehicle, they knew something was up of course and were moving off, but had not spooked. We got out and quickly moved at a diagonal to them, hunched below the tops of the brush. We stopped several times to glass and knew we were gaining on them but had yet to pick out a ram and they were not stopping. We picked up the pace a bit and closed in to about 70yds where we came across an opening. They hadn't made it there yet and Andri got the sticks setup and I got settled in. Andri quickly picked out a ram with good thick horns. I got on him but he wasn't stopping. Andri whistled but they didn't even flinch. This is where it gets interesting. Remember that pup? Well we had him with us again and he was doing great, however still being a pup, once he stopped he got curious and noticed shadows moving around as the wind blew and started barking! Luckily we were in the shadows and we was much to small to be seen. The impala were clearly agitated, but not knowing where it was they had hesitated, which gave me the opportunity for a shot. The ram was standing in a bush but it was thin and I could clearly see the shoulder. I pulled the trigger and got the dreaded click. Andri whispered over that I forgot to load. I then jacked out the dud round I knew was in there. Andri could not believe it and was not happy it had not gone off! I reloaded and got back on the scope to find the ram amazingly hadn't moved. They were still unsure what to do with the dog barking, but not getting any closer. I quickly took the shot, breaking both shoulders and dropped him on the spot. Second animal down. This 70yd, dog barking shot would prove to be, by far, the easiest shot of the trip.
africaday1part2 002.JPG
Now some of you might have been upset about this issue with the dog, but I will remind you I was not after record trophies and there were tons of impala around so we could have easily just moved on to the original herd we had been looking at. He is still just a pup and this is how he gets trained. frankly I was glad to be part of it, because honestly he is going to grow up to be one heck of a hunting dog and I can say I was there at the start. He really did a very good job through the whole trip especially for his age, and even found my blesbok all by himself, but that's a later story. We headed back and celebrated our days success with the infamous Bushmans Ass. Following that was another wonderful meal prepared by Erica. I don't know what their feelings were, but for me it was already like being with family at the dinner table.

Day 3

Andri was worried that we would get all my animals very quickly with the luck I was having and be left with a long time of not much to do, so he decided we would try something different, and hunt with a friend of his in new areas on more driven meat hunts. These would be in all low fence cattle areas with hundreds of thousands of acres for wild animals to roam freely. The first place we went to had a beautiful, long, narrow, deep rift running though it. Andri and I went down to a point sticking out into it, while the other guys came over the top on the opposite side and down through. We caught a quickly glimpse of a bushbuck and a bushpig, but no shots or other animals.
africaday2 002.JPG
As we got back together on the hillside to discuss what to do next, a jackal came trotting out behind the guys to the side. I was the only one facing it and told the guys it was there, only 30yds away, as I started to raise my gun. Problem was Andri and his friend were between me and it so I dropped the rifle back down. From Andri's point of view I had a clear shot and told me to shoot. They weren't in direct line but were ahead of me and if nothing else would have been subject to the full blast of the gasses. No animal is worth that risk and I passed. We all took off after it, but never saw it again. We all found it very odd that it was out it the open at that time and didn't seem to know we were there. Andri's friend said that never happens, which is a line that was repeated many times over during my trip. Seems I was destined to experience many of the rare occurances the area could offer. One being the heat that time of year. Starting this day, continuing for the next 4 it was 95-100 degrees the whole time with 20+ mph winds.
For the second part of the day we traveled deep into the mountains going about 10 miles on what I considered an ATV track, but they called an access road which ended at a cattle pasture on the side of a mountain. As I was stepping out of the truck, a huge warthog went running by and dove into the brush. Never had a chance to load, much less get a shot. That is the one animal I wish I had a second try at on this trip. Again it was another beautiful area which we sat, overlooking a ravine, as the guys pushed through. It turned up nothing, the Kudu seeming to hate both the heat and wind. We sat back as enjoyed the view as the braai cooked. After enjoying a good lunch, we hunted our way back out, only seeing a few kudu cows. Back to the lodge for another good meal and a good rest.
africaday2 009.JPG
africaday2 010.JPG

Day 4

After the lack of animals the previous day, Andri decided to go after the Blesbok this morning. We headed to a completely different area to a property Andri said hadn't been hunting in many years. It showed, as we saw many magnificent specimens from several species there. It was a high veld area, all mostly open grassy plains. After driving a couple miles into it we stopped and glassed the mountainside. We found a large herd of Eland first, with a great looking bull, then came across the blesbok. Andri said we needed to hike back around the base of the mountain and come up the backside in order to get in front of where they were heading without being seen. As we went we came across a very large tortoise slowly moving along. We took the time to check it out and it voiced it's displeasure at out intrusion by hissing at us, which kind of surprised me! As we got close to the top we came across a gemsbok with crooked horns. Neat to see but we moved on. We got to where Andri felt they were heading and got set up. What happened next was something from national geographic. First a huge herd of impala crested the ridge and spread out over this flat area below us, then a bunch of hartebeest and zebra starting coming in. Next we looked up to see a big herd of eland moving down. Finally the blesbok showed, with only one male in this group, which happened to be a very old ram who looked a bit thin. By this time there were 200 animals milling around below us and it took 30min to get a clear shot at the ram. By this time I had been on the sticks for 45 min as we had very little cover and I didn't want to move. I have three partially ruptured discs in my lower back and it had locked up, but I don't want to make excuses and when the opportunity came it was about 300yds out and I hit him really high. He initially stumbled but then went back into the herd and started grazing again, no limp, no blood. Because we were high and it was all open, the sound bounced around confusing the animals, and after running circled they all went back to feeding. I knew I had hit it because by now I had come to know the sound you can hear on a hit animal, but he still showed no signs. I noticed a very young one back in the area of the shot not moving and not looking good either. It suddenly dropped to the ground and I became sick with the feeling I had somehow hit the wrong animal. Just then Andri said he could see the spot on the ram where I had it as the light changed. We waited for him to get clear again, but I was rattled and missed completely on the second shot. I sucked it up as he didn't move at the shot, and finally put the third through his heart at 244yds. This was the low point of my trip, I don't like wounding animals, but he clearly wasn't suffered between the shots and I had him, so I shook it off. As it was all open we knew right where he was, but put the pup on him and after a couple mistakes he found it and made claim. It was funny watching this little pup keep the others dogs away from his animal! As we were making our way to him we cut to the side and jumped the young one still laying down. Andri got a good look at it and said there was nothing visibly wrong and it must just be sick. I felt much better knowing for sure I hadn't hit it, even though I knew there was no possible way I could have with where the ram was hit. Animal number 3 down. Andri figures it was about 16yrs old
africaday3 009.JPG
africaday3 006.JPG
On the way back out we found that the weather had gotten warm enough to wake the reptiles as we came right up to a puff adder and didn't know it until it was almost too late. Took care of him and then came across more tortoises
africaday3 042.JPG
africaday3 043.JPG
It was so hot out at this point, we hurried back to get the Blesbok in the meat room, then heading in for a drink and A/C until late in the afternoon. We then went to the other side of Andri's property and sat over oranges waiting for Kudu. Only a cow and calf showed so we headed back. What was left of the sunset was nice on the way out
Africapics1 032.JPG

Heck yeah! Glad you had a great time and got some nice animals, congrats!

Glad for you! You had a great first trip that many of us can only dream about. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Only half way through the report, just needed a break and didnt want to lose what was done. but yes it was a great trip

Glad it got worked out for you, Andri is one of the good guys there!

Glad you had a good hunt!

Great start.

That little pup sure added to your hunt.

Great start.

That little pup sure added to your hunt.
He sure did, and I was glad for it! Made it fun around the lodge, and added something extra on each hunt. Little guy was with us every step of the 3 mile Kudu March and never on a leash

Sounds like this turned into a great hunt. Glad you got to go. Congrats Bruce

Great report so far! Very happy for you Albert on your first safari.

Great report Albert! Thank you for sharing!
How did it feel walking up on that KUDU?

By the way I very much appreciate the comment you made about going through a gate and then never seeing another high fence. I have said the same thing myself here on AH and elsewhere. Sometimes I think people think that statement is not true but we know different.

Day 5

Woke up to heat and high winds already. Andri thought the animals might go to water early so the decision was made to go to Addo Park. Andri told me on the way there, that the lions are almost never seen and usually you only see an elephant or 2 but most times just their backs above the brush. We got signed in and drove to the entrance. A very exuberant young lady told us there had been a lion sighting at the first water hole, so we headed there. We had only gone about 1/2 mile when we came across a big cape buffalo bull right next to the road. Got a couple pics, but as he picked his head up, you could see his eyes were a bit blood shot and Andri said he didn't like being that close and we moved on. He was about 6ft from us
ADDOpark 009.JPG
As we made the next corner we could see an elephant off in the distance out in the open. Andri wanted to try to get ahead of him before he crossed to the waterhole. We made it and got some good pics, then realized the lions were right there as well. Next thing we knew the elephant charged the 2 adult male lions and ran them off! Again, something you never see. It was too far to get good pics with the lense I have but it was awesome to witness. Not far down the road we had a whole herd of elephants come out of the brush right beside us. There were so close we had to back up to keep from being run into. If I had leaned out any further and reached my arm out I could have touched one! They even had a little baby with them, which was cool to see
ADDOpark 035.JPG
We drove on for a bit seeing warthogs, zebra, kudu and jackal. When we came to the next waterhole there was a huge herd of buffalo milling around with a pair of young male elephant heading to the water. We figured they were siblings by their behavior. Shortly a large male elephant came to the water and I happened to get a National Geographic worthy photo of him drinking by pure chance
ADDOpark 064.JPG
It was awesome to witness these huge animals so close. In all we saw about 30 elephants on the day, most very close up. We drove on for a while more, continuing to see many more animals and made our way out. Addo is well worth the trip even if you don't get as lucky as I did, it is a beautiful place. Andri said he had never had a trip there where so many different animals were seen and in those quantities. It was a great way to spend the bulk of a very hot day!
ADDOpark 001.JPG
ADDOpark 078.JPG
ADDOpark 042.JPG
ADDOpark 047.JPG
After leaving the park we made a quick trip to the coast for lunch at a quiet little beach bar, where I realized South Africa had some of the best beaches I had ever seen, with almost no one on them! I'm sure sharks, have something to do with that!
ADDOpark 079.JPG
We then headed back to the lodge to wait out the rest of the heat. Just before dark we headed back to the orange pile, but before getting there I saw a warthog out in a cut road. Andri said to shoot it, and I dropped it right there at about 125yds. Since it didn't take off making a racket and the rifle was suppressed we decided to continue to the oranges but circle around to the other side. On the way I jumped a few Kudu cows, proving the shot hadn't bothered the rest of the wildlife. As we got set up I noticed a duiker out in the open about 100yds out. I glassed it and as I dropped the binos, I caught the movement of a young bull kudu's head at the edge of the brush, just 30yds away! Before I could get the rifle up he jumped twice and was gone from the clearing. I continued to watch the duiker as it slowly fed towards me and shortly noticed movement out past the oranges. I put up the binos just in time to see a nice bushbuck zipping by. Nothing else was seen, but the duiker eventually fed to within 50yds of me before going back into the brush. For me Duiker would have been a pretty easy animal to get this trip had I wanted to go for one! Andri got the truck and we went to get my pig. It was only about 60lbs, but Andri was happy to have one less mouth packing away precious resources in the current drought. I had my 4th African species. We didn't get a chance to take pics of this one as it was late and dinner was waiting.

Day 6

Today we again headed to a different area, open and more flat than the mountains we had been hunting. We were after Springbok. This property the owner had been away for a while and warthogs were being a problem. We were told we could hunt the springbok here but we had to shoot any warthogs we saw first. I had no problem with that. When we got there I got up in the back with Michael and it wasn't too long before Andri hollered out that there were pigs, and off we went bouncing across the field in the rig. Andri stopped and jumped out. He looked up at me and asked why I wasn't shooting. Not seeing anything I asked where they were. He pointed them out and I had to laugh as I told him I thought those spots were some of the big birds in the area. I had assumed he was trying to get closer to them and had barely given it a glance when I saw them. He just wanted to get some elevation for a better shot and told me they were 280yds out. I lined up and dropped the first one. As the second took off running we both fired at it a couple times, always too far behind it. After collecting my pig we drove to the top of the rise and spotted the springbok in the distance. While looking for a male Andri hollered out to reload as there were more pigs out to the left. Off we go, bouncing across the field once again. This was a group of three and they cut back to the same area we had shot the first one. Andri hit a smooth 2 track and gunned it. We went ripping across the bottom then quickly cut up and found we had gotten in front of them and they were still heading straight toward us. Problem was it was on the wrong side of the truck for me. Twisting, I had to wait as Michael tried to get clear. Once he was clear I took an unsteady shot and missed, but it turned him and he headed in front of the truck. I jacked another shell in and shot, dropping him on a dead run at 70yds. It was a perfect heart shot and so immediate he literally did a nose stand, skidding across the grass. As I shot I heard Andri's .375 go off and assumed he was shooting at the same one as me. I looked up and Andri hollered that one was going behind us. I turned and shot just as Andri jumped around and fired. We watched the pig cartwheel 3 times before coming to a rest. I reached down and high 5'd Andri, then got out of the truck and headed towards the big pig. Andri hollered over that there was another one in the area, and sure enough about 50yds to the side was another dead pig. This was the one Andri had fired at while I dropped the big one, meaning we had managed to get 4 of the 5 pigs in a total of about 3 minutes of hot shooting. Now I have no illusions to this being a hunt- it was pest control, but it sure was fun! We had bullets and pigs flying everywhere, and everyone was laughing and smiling. This is when I really came to appreciate the suppressors on both rifles. Between us we had fired probably 15rds between the 2 events, in close proximity to each other with .300 WSM and .375 H&H. Neither of us experienced any discomfort or issues with hearing after this.
Once we loaded all the warthogs we set out after the springbok. After all that shooting they were in constant motion once we found again found them. Andri talked me through the mess of animals to which was the male we were after. Once I had him in the scope he kept constantly moving further to my left which caused me to have to reset and I lost which one he was. After finally finding him again I realized he had squatted down to mark his territory. I knew this was likely to be my best shot even with him him basically facing me. I lined up on the crease on the left of his chest as he was slightly angled and squeezed off the shot. It hit right where I wanted and exited just ahead of the offside back leg. Andri said great shot, then ranged him at 300yds! That was my best shot of the trip and the furthest I have ever shot anything. Pretty good considering at that angle I had about a 4in. target!
huntday5 003.JPG
huntday5 006.JPG
huntday5 011.JPG
After the mornings excitement we had a lot of animals to take care of. Once done at the meat room we headed back to the orange pile. Again only the cow and calf showed. The Kudu bulls really seem to hate hot, windy weather!

Day 7

Having taken all my animals, we met up with Beans from Tootabi, who happens to be good friends with Andri, for another try at Kudu for meat. I was setup overlooking a large field with a ridge along the back. Shortly before the drivers started I watched a herd of cows working down the ridge, but no bulls. It wasn't too long before they heard the drivers and it was interesting to watch how they moved in relation to the line of guys. Initially they took off at a trot away from them as expected. But they then just held still until the line got close to them. Once it did they cut back across and stopped where the furthest guy from them was. As he changed direction and headed straight for them, they only went into a small bit of bush and hid. It wasn't until he was right on them that they then bolted about 50yds to a big patch of thick brush. I never saw them come out of it, ever when one of the guys went thru it. My guess is they were slowly circling away but staying in the same patch just continually working around it. Gave me a new respect for how smart these animal can be. It was a very cool show.
For the afternoon Andri dropped me off at Scotia reserve. This was one of the highlights of the trip, with many cool sightings. It was here I got to see mountain reed buck, which they said they hardly ever see, as well as the king stud of Nyala, that left me wishing I had hunted them after all. Also had my first close up encounter with a huge male lion, that was none too happy we interrupted his post meal nap. They had a very cool boma,which is huge, that they served dinner at. We then we went out with spotlights to see the night life. Very worthwhile trip!
africaday6schotiasafari 055.JPG
africaday6schotiasafari 032.JPG
africaday6schotiasafari 017.JPG
africaday6schotiasafari 076.JPG

Day 8

This was my last day and we decided to give it one more try for Kudu. We went to a new property and saw many cows as we drove but no bulls. This was supposed to be for a church fundraiser and they wanted to get a bull to get the most meat. It just wasn't happening however, so Andri phoned the landowner, who said we could shoot 2 cows instead, but it had to be on the other side of the property. After driving for almost a half hour we got to the area he had said and located some in a small patch of bush. We circled around and Andri got me setup where he thought they would come out. He, Michael and the dogs went around to try and jump them. It wasn't long before DeeDee his female dog started barking like crazy and I could hear the thundering hooves of a running kudu. I got ready and a cow burst out of the bush with the dog right on her tail. They were about 70 yards out and I swung and shot, dropping it. As I was walking to it another cow came barrelling out into the open. I should never have shot at this one, but I just reacted and pulled up, offhand, with no rest at all and shot, dropping this one too- at 200yds on a dead run. I will freely admit the luck in this one and am just glad it ended well! So concluded my hunt and time in Africa. After dropping off the Kudu we went back to the lodge and I started packing to leave. Dinner was again good, but bittersweet as we said our goodbyes. We had become good friends (In my mind atleast) in a very short time and I was sad to be leaving.

Conclusion

I can honestly say this is one of two times in my life that were was close to perfect as can reasonably be expected. I honestly don't know if Andri made any money from me being there, as he was so set on making sure I had a great time, he kept adding things on. I had gone there planning to go after 4 animals and came out with 9! I had so many great experiences I had never hoped to get, it is almost hard to believe it was real. Though they were park/ reserve animals, I never thought I'd be 6-12 FEET from fully grown lions, cape buffalo, rhino and elephant. These things are huge and truly magnificent. Most people think Andri only does lion, buffalo, and elephant hunts, but he is equally as good with plains game and has access to millions of acres with great trophy quality. His home is in the East cape but he has areas all over the place to hunt and can cater to just about anything. One of the things I found the most interesting with how he does things is the fact that he won't mix hunters- meaning he only takes groups of friends and family but will not have 2 different groups in at the same time, even though he has the PH's and lodging for 16 people. He truly cares about his clients and their experience in Africa, and is willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen. Andri truly is one of the greats in Africa, and one of the best PH's you could ever hope for. His wife Erica is a great cook and makes sure you are very comfortable during your stay. The 2 of them together make a great team and you feel like part of the family. Since Andri travels a lot and is busy most times, he doesn't get on here as much as he would like. If you message him and don't get a quick response you can feel free to contact me and I will get in touch with him via whatsapp to pass along your info. If you just want more info on him and his place also feel free to contact me. I'm sure Eric ( @gizmo ) on here would be willing to talk as well since he had a great hunt with Andri too. No one should have any worries or hesitation when looking to book with @Andri Fox Safaris as they will more than get their moneys worth and likely one of the best experiences in Africa with him. As you can tell from the length of this report, I simply cannot say enough good about Andri and Erica Fox!

Great report Albert! Thank you for sharing!
How did it feel walking up on that KUDU?
Charlie, it felt great! Probably more so with being unsure about how the shot was, having a hard time finding him, then finally seeing him laying there. Not to mention him having my favorite horn shape for Kudu!
By the way I very much appreciate the comment you made about going through a gate and then never seeing another high fence. I have said the same thing myself here on AH and elsewhere. Sometimes I think people think that statement is not true but we know different.
I think a lot of people that have issue with it, truly have no clue how big these properties actually are. As I said we had gone from one part of the property to a completely different one miles away and THEN stalked the kudu for 3 miles. Thats a lot of miles with no fence and the first one we saw heading back out with him was a cattle fence of 4.5ft, being no obstacle to ANY wild animal in Africa

nice write up and great trip !

Great report, Guys like Andri Fox don't grow on trees. As Brickburn said He is one of the good guys!
Cheers,
Cody

Albert three cheers for you and Andri. This was a great hunt and a great hunting report. I'm glad you went and did the hunt despite the challenges. Now you will have to deal with that burning desire to go back. Most everyone who goes once can't wait to get back.

Albert three cheers for you and Andri. This was a great hunt and a great hunting report. I'm glad you went and did the hunt despite the challenges. Now you will have to deal with that burning desire to go back. Most everyone who goes once can't wait to get back.
I have heard that many times on here, and made my peace with it being a one time thing. However it was so much more than a hunt, thanks to Andri and Erica and all the special things that happened, that I now must go back and see them again! I have to take the family to the (not so) U.K. in the spring and Argentina a year or 2 later, but I hope to find a way to make it happen in 2 years or so

We'll you have already proved that dreams come true. Best wishes on the other trips planned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross