SOUTH AFRICA: Heading Off On My First Safari!

huntermn15

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, AK SCI
Hunted
U.S.A. NJ, TX, AZ, AK. Limpopo and the Kalihari in South Africa. Eastern Cape RSA 2017.
September 1, 2015

I arrived at the airport in Anchorage 2.5 hours early in anticipation of possible problems. Check in and firearm declaration went off without a hitch and I was through security in less than 15 minutes. The flight to Atlanta was uneventful. A few observations though, the flight was on time without any drama, it had been a while since I had flown Delta and the seats were actually quite comfortable for the flights flown (will update after the 16+ hours to Joburg, and the flight crew was excellent.

I overnighted in Atlanta, since it was a long day of travel just to get there. I lodged at the Hyatt Place near the airport and the room was very nice. Food and drinks were minimal at the location but adequate and the staff was helpful and very friendly.

September 2, 2015

Check out and shuttle to the airport was uneventful. A long wait of 6+ hours was actually not bad, thanks to the Delta Sky Club in the E terminal. The drinks were good, a place to plug in, and some snacks if one chose. I board at approximately 1845 and then I’ll be off on Flight 200 heading to my first safari. I would like to thank AH and all of the crew for their support and information during the last 2 years.

I will update and add photos when I can!

Regards,

Mike

DSCN2047 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
way to go mate.
as they say: you only ever get one ,first African adventure .
go at it , balls to the ball ................
travel well
hunt hard
enjoy the whole experience
don't let something minor ,become major
stay safe

good luck and safe travels

way to go mate.
as they say: you only ever get one ,first African adventure .
go at it , balls to the ball ................
travel well
hunt hard
enjoy the whole experience
don't let something minor ,become major
stay safe
Bluey,

Thank you for the kind words! It will be balls to the wall and a minor will not become a major, I'm old enough to know better! Stand by for report and photo updates. I owe a good report to all of AH, considering how many I've read.

Cheers,

Mike

Good luck and play safe ....lots of pictures !
Glen

Good luck have fun hunting With the boys at Cruiser's

Good luck and play safe ....lots of pictures !
Glen
I will and my middle name is lots of pictures! LOL! I hope to give a report and photos worthy of the reports written here.

Mike

Good luck have fun hunting With the boys at Cruiser's
I will Chris, I look forward to my 14 days there and then 5 days with Loodt / Tootabi Hunting Safaris and Pieter / Paw Print Safaris! Your family had a great safari and I look forward to a great African experience!

Cheers,
Mike

Have a good trip and great time in Africa

Good luck!

Good luck and have fun! I look forward to reading about it.

Have a great hunt.

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Shoot straight and often ... looking forward to following along on your journey.

Go Mike,
Have a great hunt.

Look forward to the report.

Enjoy the experience and take as many photos as you can.
When you've finished taking them, take some more!
You only get one first time so make it count.

Go get them Mike!

Have a great hunt and don't sweat the small stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg