SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With With Kirabo, Molopo Kalahari Or Ultimate Hunting Safaris?

SherrillPhilip

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
MBS, NRA, QDMA, RGS, RMEF, SCI
Hunted
Canada, South Africa, United States
Hello,

Sorry for grouping all of the safari operators in one post, but I thought it would be better than doing individual posts asking for information about each one.

For background: I am planning on taking my wife and two of my sons on a safari in South Africa next year. I have been twice and absolutely loved it. I want to share the experiences with them. I am 57 and my sons are 30 and 24. They don't have the bug like their father and have only been hunting a couple times. When we hunt on the safari, it will be 2x1, but in reality it will be 4x1. We just want to be together and enjoy each other's company and successes. My wife is going to ride with us a bit, take pictures, sit in the lodge, paint, read, relax, and do some shopping. This will be her first time in Africa as well as for one of the boys.

I went to the Harrisburg show the other week and talked to a lot of outfitters/professional hunters. There were three that I liked for different reasons, but about equally. (In alphabetical order)
Kirabo Safaris with Jaco Wentzel
Molopo Kalahari Safaris with Rudolph Graupner
Ultimate Hunting Safaris with Wesley van der Veen

Have any of you hunted with them or know them? If so, could you share your experiences?

Once I narrow down my choices I will be contacting their references, doing due diligence, etc, but references tend to be chosen for their positive attitude.

Thanks for your help!

Hello everyone,

Did I post this in wrong section of the Forum? If so, please let me know. I haven't posted that much here as I am more of a "lurker" than a writer.

Thanks,

Sherrill

Welcome!

Posting where you did is fine, it may just be that no one is familiar with the outfitters you are asking about, or that your lost just hasn't been seen yet.

Did you do a search?

Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know.

I did a search on the outfitters, (several forums, internet, The Hunting Report) but have not found anything recent. I figured that people often do not have time to write up a report, but I am hoping they might have the time to make a comment or two. :)

And don't be afraid to check out the deals section here too, there are a lot of great outfitters and great deals right here on the site!

And don't be afraid to check out the deals section here too, there are a lot of great outfitters and great deals right here on the site!
+1, I would hunt with any of our African PH's here. Check out Andri Fox Safaris too. I am hunting lion and buff with him this summer. He's a awesome guy. www.andrifoxsafaris.com

@Royal27 Thanks for the links. The first one listed two hunters that were going with Kirabo Safaris, so I sent them a PM asking how their hunts went. If they respond, excellent.

One of the things I liked about the Harrisburg show was that I could look the PH's/Outfitters in the eyes, talk with them, ask questions about the hunt, how they would deal with newbies to hunting, what they thought about this and that, etc. The three I listed seemed were good. I just want to confirm that my perceptions are correct.

As for the outfitters listed on the site, there are definitely some outstanding ones, great references, great write-ups, etc. I just haven't met them. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

^^^
Total sense. :)

Glad to help!

It's your gut. Trust it.

I have a different skill set. I guess I have no issues about meeting people online.
You can certainly tell more about a guy from his posting on these forums than you are likely to by seeing him for a short interaction at a show.
(In my experience)

Good luck with your research.

Molopo Kalahari Safaris with Rudolph Graupner, I have worked with him before, trustworthy PH and outfitter.

I have hunted with Rudolph in 2008. The safari was top notch as were the trophies. My client that came with me in "08" has hunted with Rudolph ever since and many places. He is going back with Rudolph in March as is another client of mine, for I am going to Namibia leopard hunting.

PM me if you like.

Rudolph Graupner (Molopo Kalahari Safaris) operate about 20 miles away from me.
Very good honest reputable guy.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg