SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Thorndale Safaris?

Washingtonmuley

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I would love to hear if anyone has hunted with Thorndale Safaris in South Africa. Feel free to message me if you prefer. Thank you

I have not hunted with Thorndale. But, I did a little research and on the surface they look like a good outfit. The prices are competitive with most of the EC outfitters that I have seen. And they are upfront about extra costs, i.e. VAT is included in pricing and airport transfers included etc.
But, there is a lot to be said for contacting the outfitter directly and communicating with them. Also requesting references.

I hunted with them in 2011. They came on here a couple of yrs ago claiming their lodge was 5 star. I would call it 4 star. We had some good hunting, but also some issues...... Here is the story of my impala with them
https://www.africahunting.com/threads/africa-last-year.8291/#post-58444 Next my Lechwe and Bushbuck: https://www.africahunting.com/threads/my-lechwe-and-bushbuck-hunt.8584/#post-62174
I had a pretty good hunt. There were 4 of us plus my taxidermist at that time showed up after we had been there a few days. Some of the others didn't have as good of hunts..... There were some animals that were not shipped and other issues. If you want a list of the good and the bad I can do that for you. Its been 6 yrs and if your looking at next yr it will be 7 since I have been there. A lot changes in that amount of time.
My PH on that trip was Matthew. He was 22 at the time and rather green. The last I heard he was still there. He should know the property and animals well by now. Bruce

I have spoken with them directly and Matt is the current ranch manager. I would love to hear any good and or bad about them in a pm. I have been real happy with communication and adjustment of package to fit our needs so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross