SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Shangala Lodge? Marcs Treehouse Camp? Or Tremisanan Lodge?

Ridge Runner

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NMLRA, SCI,
Hunted
East Cape, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Has anyone hunted with Shangalana in Northern part of Western Cape, South Africa?

I'm planning a hippo, gemsbuck and blue wildebeest hunt in 2020 and my booking agent has suggested the hippo hunt with them.

Then onto Viva for a 5 day/4 night stay, photo and sightseeing: 2 days with Marcs Treehouse camp and 2 days with Tremisana lodge. This will include trips to Kruger National Park.

Has anyone hunted with Shangalana in Northern part of Western Cape, South Africa?

I'm planning a hippo, gemsbuck and blue wildebeest hunt in 2020 and my booking agent has suggested the hippo hunt with them.

Then onto Viva for a 5 day/4 night stay, photo and sightseeing: 2 days with Marcs Treehouse camp and 2 days with Tremisana lodge. This will include trips to Kruger National Park.

I made my first trip to RSA in 2010 with my wife. Prior to the hunt we spent time on a photo tour of KNP. We stayed at the Tremisana lodge. They're known for the troop of Vervet monkeys that call the campground home, at least they were. It was fun and made you feel in Africa for sure. But the wakeup call of monkeys running across the metal roof of the chalet early in the morning came a little early.

If I recall Marc's Treehouse camp is just a short drive away. These lodges are on the APNR properties on the west side of the park. Whether you're in the park or on these private properties, you will see a ton of wildlife and it's enjoyable to sometimes just sit back, watch and just shoot them with your camera.

Can't comment on the hunting outfitter, I don't know them.

I made my first trip to RSA in 2010 with my wife. Prior to the hunt we spent time on a photo tour of KNP. We stayed at the Tremisana lodge. They're known for the troop of Vervet monkeys that call the campground home, at least they were. It was fun and made you feel in Africa for sure. But the wakeup call of monkeys running across the metal roof of the chalet early in the morning came a little early.

If I recall Marc's Treehouse camp is just a short drive away. These lodges are on the APNR properties on the west side of the park. Whether you're in the park or on these private properties, you will see a ton of wildlife and it's enjoyable to sometimes just sit back, watch and just shoot them with your camera.

Can't comment on the hunting outfitter, I don't know them.

Thank you for your info about Viva. I checked out their website and it sounded like a good outfit. However, its nice to hear from someone who has actually been there.

Shangalana's website isn't available and I couldn't get to their facebook page, that sends up an automatic red flag for me to check out their operation.

I hope I can get some responses from AH members who have hunted with them....good/bad experiences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois